GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna drop my truck as low as possible and not hate it every time i drive it!! I am thinking of going with the McGaughy's 5/7 kit and getting a lower crossmember,do you guys think this would be ok for a every day driver till i can afford my bags?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
is ur truck extended cab or regular cab? On a ecsb, i wouldn't go for the 5/7... but i wouldn't static drop it first. Just wait...

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a regular cab! I need the spindals anyways so i figured i would just buy the whole kit,plus im getting married this summer so who know when i can afford bags!!!

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
my 4/6 rides pretty low. i got 245/40/20 tires and no rubbing except for hard cornering when the front tires hit the top of the wheel well. I love driving it everyday.
showing off for the nice booty everywhere.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Plan on washing your own truck because it won't make it through the automated machines, and you'll have to be careful on those dips in the road for tire rub, or hard turns in small parking lots (tire rub), and some of the drive-thrus are hard to get into, and very slow over speed bumps if you get over, and watch the front end on entering or exiting deep entrances or exits, and....otherwise, the truck sure looks good dropped.
I'm the conservative (2/4 :grin: )...just my thoughts :anitoof:

·
Registered
28 Posts
DROP THAT BIT#@ I HAVE A 96 WITH A 5-6 DROP ON IT AND I LOVE IT THE ONLY THING OF YOUR RUNNING 20S YOU WILL NEED A 255 SERIES TIRE ON THE FRONT. :guns:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Like others have said on a NBS a 5/7 is really low too low for some(cowards). On a regular cab I don't see it as a real big problem. For the average joe I'd say stick with a 4/6 on an ext cab. Either way get a new crossmeber or section your stck one.

On an OBS 5/7 all the way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
grounded said:
Like others have said on a NBS a 5/7 is really low too low for some(cowards). On a regular cab I don't see it as a real big problem. For the average joe I'd say stick with a 4/6 on an ext cab. Either way get a new crossmeber or section your stck one.

On an OBS 5/7 all the way.
What does OBS and NBS mean?? :grin:

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
I have a 5/7 , I have to go slow over speed bumps, my truck lays frame everytime I get on a old messed up roads that sink down where your tires go , and if I dont take my road at the right angle I will high center my truck on rocks .. It scrapes on everything .. :head:

BUT DAMN SHE IS ONE SEXY TRUCK !!!!!

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
DemoN said:
you being a big mofo doesn't help either!:LOL: :LOL: :anitoof:
No it doesnt ... :anitoof: :anitoof:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys wats up, im new to the forums and signed up to ask some questions about the 5 7 drop as well. I just bought a truck with a 5 7 drop and im going to school in detroit. the roads around here suck ass and the truck bottoms out everywhere. Its a 2001 reg cab with 18' centerlines i will post pics when i figure it out. I dont think it has the crossmember relocator but im not sure. anyone have any recomendations of things i could do?

thanks -chris

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Are you wanting to lift it up some? You could lift just the front up to a 4 and leave the 7 in the back and see how that worked if it's too low for ya. Y2KSierra has a 4/8 on his extended cab. I was going to a 5/7 myself but I'm just going to wait on some bags. Also another option is bags for just the front. Somebody on here has that setup on a RCSB. I think groundscraper does. Not sure.

For pics you can use this free host. Almost everybody here does: http://www.photobucket.com/

And welcome to GMFS! :rocking:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts