GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is an old thread but I have some questions if somebody could chime in. I’m currently running a fabtech 3” “lift” on my 2015 Silverado. It’s more of a leveling kit with a diff drop and upper control arms plus blocks in the rear, being that it’s got upper control arms for the lift itself, if I were to add a lower strut spacer (1.5”) realistically I shouldn’t run into any problems right? It would almost be like adding a leveling kit to a truck with stock UCAs right? Just looking for some insight

·
Super Moderator
5,975 Posts
Lol. No. Don’t do that. Your suspension angles will look like a geometry test.

Don’t be cheap and buy a full lift if you want more height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I understand that stacking leveling kits is bad. And by that I am guessing you mean putting two on top of each other?

These are two different type of leveling kits. a spacer that goes on top of the strut and a spacer that goes on the bottom of the strut.

Is it bad to have one of each?

These two leveling kits will not be touching.
Stacking double top or top
n bottom is all the same. You can safely stretch any IFS suspension safely on anything not more then a total of 3 inches. Fyi- Ive lifted many suspensions from complete lifts to levelling kits and have had two trucks in National magazines. My partners run 4wheel parts and DH Customs and we all built trucks together if that gives me any credit to what I’m saying.
Wrong. Unless my .5" on top is actually .25" which is possible. I didn't measure it.
longer control arms also change the ratio .

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,556 Posts
Lol try to flex with magazine credits. And wtf you talking about longer control arms? Gm has been running 2:1 ratio for their suspension for decades.

Oh also forgot about safely stacking 2 top spacers rofl. Magazine spots doesn't mean shit can't be hack.

This is a cute bump

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts