GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to put the 03 and up bumper on my 02 because i like the fog lights and where there at on that bumper , is it possible , and how hard is it ,
someone help me please.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Possible yes. Would it look right, probably not. You would probably have to switch to the HD grille so you didn't have gap between the bumper and grille, but don't know if the widths of the 99-02 and the 03-07 grilles are the same. I'm sure you would have to move/swap the bumper mounts on the frame too

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Aren't the frame horns different between the 99-02 & 03-06?..

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
yea different frame horns. depending oon the length of the bottom of a hd grille and a 03 grille the hd might would fit. but the lines of the bumper dont roll the same way as the truck.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Frame horns are the same. That's why guys swap 99-02 fronts to 03-06 fronts and that's why Bull bars fit 99 to 06 trucks. Will it fit with existing grill? NO.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
No.

The 03+ bumper is not recognized or supported by the less sophisticated Class 2 Serial Data Bus that's found in the 1nd gen 99-02 NBS trucks.

·
car builder
58 Posts
the frame horns are the same but the welded on bumper brackets are a service part as a bolt on kit. so they are not a problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts