GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently! Went to the tire shop I usually go to that can align my truck with 41's and even balance them, only to have them tell me they can't mount/dismount my 41's or my 38's. I'm like WTF?? So the recommend me to FTS, which wants $65 PER TIRE and they don't even know for sure if they can (another WTF??) called a few more places and they don't have the right machine or blah blah, 4WP's said they'd do it for $120, but I have to call tomorrow to see if I can bring it in....:flame: :flame: :angry: :angry:

9,778 Posts
that shit is so gay...i hate tire shops when you don't buy the tires from them. I had a problem getting my 35x14.50 MG's mounted on 15x10's around here...once shop told me that they couldn't do it, and the owner of the shop has a superduty of 38's.

Needless to say i cussed his ass out and got a good friend of mine to do it under the table somewhere else.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Damn, that sucks man! Hope you can get ahold of them, and get them mounted up soon. Keep us updated.

Also, on my tire changer, 37's on 10" wheels are about as big as you can do. Theres not much more room from the rear post to the rim table.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Yup, I couldn't get my 36's I bought used mounted and balanced anywhere other than 4wp's. When I got my 38's from Discount they didn't have a problem mounting them...

·
4,725 Posts
That blows. Try an 18 wheeler shop.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
That sucks. I've got a friend who has a tire mounting/balancing machine that will do it for cheap for me. If you wanted to make the drive I'm sure he could do the same for you, haha. He lives in Modesto, not SLO.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Wal mart had mounted and balanced my 37's. But they wont put them on the truck. They put them on with enough bitching.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Find a locally owned place and offer cash...

I've mounted all sorts of shit before thanks to poor college kids as managers:pow:

"Chopped 38" boggers? Not a problem...hey Jim, I'm going to need you to...":nono:

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
I had a shop tell me they couldnt get some 37x13.5 cooper STTs on my 16x10s......Theyre going to have to if they want to sell those things to me in july

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Discount did my 40's and 46's, they couldn't balance them but I have no problems with either setup. If you were in AZ I would recomend desert rat cause they do the big stuff all day.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Little update.....Mike's gotta buddy that works at a Goodguy's Tire shop, I talked to him and he said he's pretty sure he'll be able to mount the 38's, its just getting the 41's off thats in question.....I'll be there at 4 today so we'll see, otherwise its 4WP's tomorrow :(

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
good luck mauro...my buddies have always got to 18 wheeler places

·
Registered
604 Posts
Most places can do it, but they say no. Whatever machine walmart uses is big enough to mount/dismount my 38.5s.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Most places can do it, but they say no. Whatever machine walmart uses is big enough to mount/dismount my 38.5s.
Thats what I'm starting to think.....cause the last time I was at the tire place I went to this morning, I got an alignment and balanced the 41's (which is a big rig place), I was talking to sales guy about a set of Toyo's, his price was really high, so I bought these, maybe he's all butt hurt cause I didn't buy from him so he pulls something like that.....but on the other hand, my family has been going to them for years and he knows that if I find out he pulled that, they'd lose about $1000 a month in business from our ranch....

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
do u guys use those ball weights that go in the tires? when i couldnt get my swampers balanced anymore on my jeep, i was gonna try them but i sold the tires instead

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
when i was getting my swampers at interco guy infront of me got some 42 tsl

took them bout 45 minutes to do all them but it took alot of weight to get them balanced

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
after about a year (maybe) on my LTB's, they need balancing again. brought it to a shop and had the clip on weights put on the rims....lots of weight...but going down the road they were flinging the weights. NOT good at 65+ on the highway. thats why i ripped em off

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
THey flew off because there are different kind of hammer on for different rims. Prolly had the wrong kind on.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts