GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry to tell you this, but something is wrong with it. It looks like it is falling off from one side, and pushing the other side up. Just to make sure, you should check all the bolts.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if the bumper is bent I am going to have to buy a new bumper before I can put on my ss cover.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
its the frame tips, i do this for a living, its an easy fix. the 99-02 frame tips suck :read: very easy fix though, hit me up on aim, and i will walk you through it.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
SITNLO said:
Well if the bumper is bent I am going to have to buy a new bumper before I can put on my ss cover.
Did you hit something? Mine was off from one side to the other, I had the dealership fix it, it just needed adjusting .. but it wasn't off as bad as that.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
lowred said:
its the frame tips, i do this for a living, its an easy fix. the 99-02 frame tips suck :read: very easy fix though, hit me up on aim, and i will walk you through it.
someone once bumped into my truck when i was taking the SATs. The bumper looked exactly like that. 50 bucks later, and my bumper was straight again. The stock bumper bends very easily :read: It'll be fine after u get the frame tip strait

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
the frame tips bend backward at the slightest impact and usually cock the bumper down and back. this keeps the bumper from going up into the fenders like on the OBS trucks when wrecked. GM has fixed this for 03. i deal with messed up frame tips all day at work, cause when people wreck, and then price a chrome bumper from the dealer, they usually go with the ranchhand for just a couple bucks more. we have become frame straightenin experts :anitoof:

·
Registered
10 Posts
lowred said:
How would you go about straightening the bumper back out? Do you ever see the grill pushed down because of a wreck? My grill sits about an 1.5" or so below the hoodline and my bumper is pushed back too. Would fixing the frame tips correct the grill alignment? Thanks for any help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts