GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see these SFA kits that members are selling and it got me thinking. My truck usually gets parked from late september to early may each year so its a major down time to do some work. I already have the rear axle done and would probably keep the same height in the rear in order to still be able to store the truck in my parents shop. I would then need to do the front which if kyles kit or any other members is still for sale it wouldn't be too bad of a deal especially with the crossover steering added in. I would then need a 60 of course and would have plenty of time to find one along with all the other crap such as brake lines, shocks, and what not. Im basicly just thinking out loud in a sense and have been pondering it ever since i saw kyles kit go up. I also imagine i could sell my front diff with the 4.10's in it and possibly even sell the 5.38's that i still havent put in it, along with the rebuild kit for the 9.25. I dunno like i said im just thinking out loud........

:think:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody else have any opinions?

I really dont care if the truck is down for a year or so. I hardly get time to drive it right now while in college. Ive only put about 800 miles on it this year and its almost not worth the insurance. That year or so would give me time to get pieces together and to work on it. My front is slowly starting to wear out now anyway. Balljoints and what not could easily be replaced and what not. Would rather put that cash into a 60 and go from there

·
Maniac
692 Posts
I say do it. The biggest problem is gathering all the parts, and welding anything you need welded if you can't do it.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I say do it. The biggest problem is gathering all the parts, and welding anything you need welded if you can't do it.
Thanks for the reply. My bro has one SFA down along with a friend of mine has done his own truck (black4x4) so im sure i could get some help somewhere if needed. Ive already looked around and could find some decent axles for the price around here. Li,ke i said i wouldnt need everything right now as i have plenty of down time with the truck due to college. I dont know we will see what happens

1 - 4 of 4 Posts