GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I am unable to comply
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a look today at my rear pumpkin and it looks kinda wet on the bottom where the bolts are. I could not see any drops on the ground though. I checked the bolts and they seem tight. I also checked the level by putting my finger in it and I could feel the oil.
I noticed it on some other trucks too that I saw on the road.
Is this normal or is it maybe leaking?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Like nastyGMC said check the yoke...usually a little leak there but even then if your level is good and it's not dripping there isn't anthing to worry about. Diff fluid should be changed every 12-20k miles (not totally sure on the NBS maintenance routine) so if your close to that it might be a good time to do it and get a new seal in anyhow.

Cameron

·
I am unable to comply
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that something I can do myself? Or should I bring it maybe to a Firestone and tell them I will need the friction modifier also for my Auburn. I never changed the rear axle fluid myself. I saw there is a drain plug. But I wouldn't know how to fill it back up.
Would GM add the right friction modifier if I tell them I need it for the Auburn LSD? Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.