GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, i"m drunk adn I've never seen the actual 6 link on the kp website.

If I wanted the KP 6 link, I'd order the 4 link and then the cantilver setup, right?

Thx.:rocking:

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
as far as handling performance how does the 6 link with the watss linkage hold up, i was always told reverse setups, and catilever setups a poo for performance minded builds? just curious because so mant people use the 6 link, is it more ride comfort and convience>

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
i dont have the watts link, i still use the panhard bar. as far as performance, with a stiffer shock im positive itll hold up real nice. however, most people dont go to an air ride suspension with performance in mind. with the kp 6 link, its as smooth a ride as i would expect from a caddy.

·
Registered
445 Posts
as far as handling performance how does the 6 link with the watss linkage hold up, i was always told reverse setups, and catilever setups a poo for performance minded builds? just curious because so mant people use the 6 link, is it more ride comfort and convience>
whoever told you that about the cantilever is foolish...

the kp6 link will provide the best ride possible from an airsuspension'd truck.i feel, with the bags mounted behind the axle it provides for better ride quality and you'll get more lift out of it.. i've been in trucks with 2 links 3 links and 4 links and the ride felt like night and day compared to my 6 link..

·
Registered
4,502 Posts

the kp6 link will provide the best ride possible from an airsuspension'd truck.i feel, with the bags mounted behind the axle it provides for better ride quality and you'll get more lift out of it.. i've been in trucks with 2 links 3 links and 4 links and the ride felt like night and day compared to my 6 link..
blah, your not exactly correct.

The kp 6 link is a forward 4 link, that gets its lift out of rear attaching canti bars. It gets its performance from the forward 4 link...all the rear part does is lift it. You'd get the same performance out of a forward 4 link with bags mounted 50/50 on the lower bars..but it would be cluster fucked

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
When you hear of reverse setups, that's how the links are run. The KP 6Link is a forward 4link w/ canti, making it not a reverse setup at all. The cantilever system, in this case, from what i understand helps ride quality because the bags are made for more weight, and the rear of the truck is real light. W/ handling, the truck has more leverage on the bag, so compared to bag over axle w/o a swaybar, you will probably get more body roll. The load capacity, afaik, on the rear will be slightly lessened because of the mechanical disadvantage on the bags.

Is A Triagulated 4 Link Good?
Define good? good for handling? Lift? Towing? Ride quality? Strength? It allows you to run w/o a panhard bar or watts link and also leaves more room for a bag on the lower links. Aside from that, the advantages and disadvantages will be very similar to a parallel 4link. Well, possibly more ability to keep your pinion angle closer to perfect because of the different length links. Don't quote me on that though.

·
Registered
356 Posts

AGREED ON THE RIDE QUALITY. I had a choppy 4 link installed when i was 16, i soon wised up and learned the scene and got a KP 6LINK and it was DEF a nite and day difference. I've owned a Caddy Deville and i'm confident in saying that my bagged 02 is on par with the ride quality of the caddy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts