GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out my truck has the ZX3 suspension and while I like the ride, I have a shock change coming up in the near future...probably the next year or so. It's going to cost upwards of $800 or more. I've never rode in a truck with Bilsteins or Ranchos, but do they even compare? If there was a big difference, that would justify the difference in price, but I'm just curious if it's just hype or what?

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:rofl2: What's wrong with yours, because you're lifting your truck? Sell them to me.
Don't get me wrong, I like the ride! I just mean after I wear them out, whether or not I wanna go back with the same shocks. :D

they're MY shocks! you CANT have them!! :pissed: :flame: :flame: :flame:

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I was looking at a Procomp lift that used relocator brackets for the OE shocks....:hmm:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I found out my truck has the ZX3 suspension and while I like the ride, I have a shock change coming up in the near future...probably the next year or so. It's going to cost upwards of $800 or more. I've never rode in a truck with Bilsteins or Ranchos, but do they even compare? If there was a big difference, that would justify the difference in price, but I'm just curious if it's just hype or what?
how do you figure it will cost you 800? bilsteins are like 80 bucks a piece. and most likely any aftermarket will be better then any factory suspension.

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how do you figure it will cost you 800? bilsteins are like 80 bucks a piece. and most likely any aftermarket will be better then any factory suspension.
ZX3 = electronic suspension....:bowtie:

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
:word:

Fronts - Each

GM PART # 22064849
CATEGORY: Struts & Shocks
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $283.54
OUR PRICE: $147.44

Rears - Each

GM PART # 22400265
CATEGORY: Struts & Shocks
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $373.02
OUR PRICE: $193.97

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
Wow, that really blows.

·
Registered
195 Posts
didnt know it was electronic. what does the electric stuff do?

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
didnt know it was electronic. what does the electric stuff do?
At the push of a button, you can select either a firm or soft ride. I was A/Bing it with my dad's 1500HD SLE without the ZX3 and there is a noticeable difference in ride, though his truck is pushing 100K on the original shocks. I doubt it was a fair comparison.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I have that Ride Control too. I will take those shocks if you swap :rofl2:

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts

·