GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting an alarm as i now have some stuff done to the interior in the a/v department but i want something that wont break the bank. I dont need a pager and all that shit, just something that is of good quality, loud as hell and will get the job done. Would be nice for it to also include door lock control and remote start but i know thats into some cash
What can i get that is just your basic alarm and is good

Also what can i get thatis a good alarm with possibly door lock controls?

THanks

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
go with something like a Clifford Matrix 12 or a Viper 350hv and add on a battery back-up and interior siren, maybe even a battery back-up siren. Decent alarm but add-ons make it way more bullet proof

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
I just got my Viper 5701 installed, I love it so far!

IMG00107.gif

IMG00108.gif

Its alarm/remote start and 2 way paging. You can do anything you can do with an LCD screen with these new remotes and its SEXY as hell, I love these new fobs, wayy better then LCD IMO

http://cgi.ebay.com/Viper-5701-Responder-LE-2-Way-security-and-remote-start_W0QQitemZ220380485916QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item220380485916&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:570|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50
How hard is a system like this to install?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks good and i was going to ask the same thing. Im sure its harder on a new truck but what about an obs?

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
I already have remote start and the factory alarm. Is there a way to get just the alarm. I still want my factory key pad thing.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I already have remote start and the factory alarm. Is there a way to get just the alarm. I still want my factory key pad thing.
Factory alarm isn't worth a damn. Going aftermarket with a new remote will give a way longer range.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anybody know how hard these are to install on a OBS? I like that one you posted silveradodude but im learing buying off a guy that has no rep other than buying.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
looks good and i was going to ask the same thing. Im sure its harder on a new truck but what about an obs?
Honestly, I did my whole DD screen install, backup camera, subs, amp....that stuff is cake.

I wouldn't want to fuck with an alarm without having the proper tech sheets. Furthermore, DEI (Viper) does not honor any warranty if it is not installed by an authorized dealer.

I took a look at the schematic for the remote start and it looked pretty brutal. I would save a little more $$ and get it installed. I paid $550 after tax, alarm, bypass module, and everything. I have the Passkey III system on my truck and the bypass for remote start was more expensive because of that. I don't know what bypass you would need.

They make my exact system without remote start for about $100 cheaper.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nevermind it was a remot start unit is all

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok Im looking at these two http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16159_Viper+5601+-p-n+5102V-.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10664_Viper+350HV+ESP+Security+System.html

Whats the main differences between the two besides remote start. I really like that 5701 but its quite a chunk more and the main difference seems to be the 2 way paging. Im not too worried about that because i doubt i will ever be far enough away that i cant or somebody around me cant hear it going off, especially if i put on train horns lol. That seems to be the difference between the 5601 and 5701

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Factory alarm isn't worth a damn. Going aftermarket with a new remote will give a way longer range.
I would like a longer range but would my old one still work on the truck after the new one is installed?

:imo

You like the 40ft range?

Trust me, get a 2 way paging system with alarm and remote start.
I already have remote start. I just need a louder better alarm. And its 200 feet lol.

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
Viper 791XV...its an older alarm and can be found pretty cheap online. Ive had it for 2-3 years now and its great. 2-way remote, mutliple sensors, RS, GREAT range.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what the hell, on ebay i can get the 5701 for dirt cheap, if i want the pink version of it. Pretty gay if you ask me but i guess i could probably always get a different remote or paint it

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Viper 791XV...its an older alarm and can be found pretty cheap online. Ive had it for 2-3 years now and its great. 2-way remote, mutliple sensors, RS, GREAT range.
Cant find that one except on one site that wants a lot for a refurbished one.

Ok how about this, i decided i dont need remote start. Truck hardly gets driven and never is in the winter when its cold and i would want it. My main thing is that it is a good alarm. Maybe two way if its cost effective

·
South Carolina Gamecock
388 Posts
I have a Python 460HP. Its very basic but it works. I bought it installed from Circuit City for $250. Small branch fell on the truck from a tree, it went off. Had a loud thunderstorm, it went off. Still have my fingers crossed on not getting broken into.

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
Cant find that one except on one site that wants a lot for a refurbished one.

Ok how about this, i decided i dont need remote start. Truck hardly gets driven and never is in the winter when its cold and i would want it. My main thing is that it is a good alarm. Maybe two way if its cost effective
Have you tried ebay/cl? I got the one I had on my truck and my wife's on ebay for $150 shipped when it was new. I then called my local alarm shop and asked what modules I needed, got the p/n and bought them on ebay too. The 791xv doesnt come with RS module...hardly any alarm does, they just have the capability. I just did a quick search and found a couple on ebay pretty cheap. I love this alarm and once it craps on me, I'll buy the newer version of it. Once you have a 2-way you wont want anything else.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts