GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy selling this says it is a OEM Eaton Posi unit that fits all 14 Bolt 10.5 axles. Question, is this locked up all the time like the NoSpin or is this open when driving normal?

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really, hmmmmm.

This is what he told me it is:

"Thank you for your inquiry ,

no , this item is different than the factory gov-lok unit

the gov lock is a terrible design and very prone to failure

I do understand that some people do not care for the Detroit no spin

So I do offer this eaton unit also , it would definitely cure any problems

With engagement in the rear diff , the eaton is a smooth unit , it only engages

When it needs to , if it hits a slick , icy surface or needs traction it provides it

When cruising down the road it will act like a standard open diff , I have heard from

Almost everyone that you cant even tell you have one of these units in , they are that smooth."

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
10b g80 is shit. 14b g80 is a much better unit. matt runs one in his blazer with no complains so far.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I am thinking of buying it since my truck is a pavement queen now. The most offroad it gets is launching my boat. Think it will hold up?

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Its still garbage compared to a detroit or a spool, but it should hold up for street duty.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a nospin in there but it was to much for me. My truck pushed and pulled to much.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
My 10 bolt g80 looks different than that one. But Like most say street should be okay.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
10b g80 is shit. 14b g80 is a much better unit. matt runs one in his blazer with no complains so far.
mine just went out and all it had was street duty
its a 14b g80 btw

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
yeah it was a full float. around i think 85 or 90k with around 17k since the lift. I know the guy that had it before me though. He kept the truck nice and took care of it but he still beat the piss out of it too so it didnt have the easiest life

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, I baby my truck now since I overhauled it. The most it sees is out running people from a stop light, or pulling my boat to and from the lake. It never sees rain, mud or snow. All show and no go I guess. But the women love it so i guess I'll keep it clean.

I think a G80 will be fine for me.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
depending on his selling price it hink i would consider a Detroit Truetrac but you are probably right, im sure a g80 would be fine. I just went with some overkill on mine and put a detroit and 5.38s lol

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I haven't been able to find a Truetrac for a 14 bolt FF. I have 5.13's too. Huge difference from 4:56's.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
contact Dark Eternal. he will get you the hookup on it all

1 - 20 of 29 Posts