GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend has a 04 gmc, he just got it, and wants it lowered. hes takin it to the shop next week. hes doin a 2/4, but the shop is just cutting the front springs to lower the front. i dont think thats the best way to do it. what do u guys think?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
That is a horrible way to lower it.

He should get 2" spindles, 2" control arms, or 2" springs.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Whifflebat said:
:word: Sandbags would be better/safer than cutting springs :imo:

and where do you suggest he puts the sandbags on the front end? You might have room in your obs, but the wheel wells are full of crap on these nbs's.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
91_bowtie said:
and where do you suggest he puts the sandbags on the front end? You might have room in your obs, but the wheel wells are full of crap on these nbs's.
You have to strap them to the hood :read: :anitoof:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
DemoN said:
:LOL: fuck it...if you're ghetto enough to cut your coils...a couple of sand bags duct taped to the hood aren't going to bother you :D
Actually I was thinking that if you were to weld them down with some strap and then fiberglass over it, you could fool people into thinking you had a really big turbo under your hood :crazy:

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
That's funny... he was actually "Plainning" onm having this shop cut his coils for a drop???....

I wonder what they had in store to drop the rear of the truck??

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Chris99GMC said:
That's funny... he was actually "Plainning" onm having this shop cut his coils for a drop???....

I wonder what they had in store to drop the rear of the truck??
Prob mono leafed...even more dangerous IMO...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Okay, there's a reason there are all those aftermarket companies. I really gotta question a shop that wants to cut the coils. I can understand cutting a drop spring if you have a good amount of drop, and you want to eek out an extra inch, but never on a stock coil, that screws the spring rate up big time.

·
Registered
334 Posts
That is the worst thing ever to do not only is it wrong but you thought chevy had a lean before just wait until that is done.

·
Banned
59 Posts
BaggedC10 said:
I agree w/ the others, don't cut the coil springs. Cutting a factory coil spring is a no-no. :read:
Is cutting an aftermarket spring OK as long as you know what your doing? SKDSPD cut 1 inch off his 2" hotchkis coil for a 3" drop, and i slightly thought about doing that, but i think i'll just go get some belltech spindles also and do a 4" front drop. :D

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
bcossette said:
Is cutting an aftermarket spring OK as long as you know what your doing? SKDSPD cut 1 inch off his 2" hotchkis coil for a 3" drop, and i slightly thought about doing that, but i think i'll just go get some belltech spindles also and do a 4" front drop. :D
With an aftermarket coil they're generaly stiffer so a little cutting is okay.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts