GMC Truck Forum banner

is this a good way to lower a truck?

2106 Views 38 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  Silvlowrdr
my friend has a 04 gmc, he just got it, and wants it lowered. hes takin it to the shop next week. hes doin a 2/4, but the shop is just cutting the front springs to lower the front. i dont think thats the best way to do it. what do u guys think?
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
3,083 Posts
DemoN said:
:LOL: fuck it...if you're ghetto enough to cut your coils...a couple of sand bags duct taped to the hood aren't going to bother you :D
Actually I was thinking that if you were to weld them down with some strap and then fiberglass over it, you could fool people into thinking you had a really big turbo under your hood :crazy:

· Burning Rubber
1,019 Posts
That's funny... he was actually "Plainning" onm having this shop cut his coils for a drop???....

I wonder what they had in store to drop the rear of the truck??

· GMFS slowest truck :read:
7,738 Posts
Chris99GMC said:
That's funny... he was actually "Plainning" onm having this shop cut his coils for a drop???....

I wonder what they had in store to drop the rear of the truck??
Prob mono leafed...even more dangerous IMO...

· Registered
2,390 Posts
Okay, there's a reason there are all those aftermarket companies. I really gotta question a shop that wants to cut the coils. I can understand cutting a drop spring if you have a good amount of drop, and you want to eek out an extra inch, but never on a stock coil, that screws the spring rate up big time.

· Banned
105 Posts
BaggedC10 said:
I agree w/ the others, don't cut the coil springs. Cutting a factory coil spring is a no-no. :read:
Is cutting an aftermarket spring OK as long as you know what your doing? SKDSPD cut 1 inch off his 2" hotchkis coil for a 3" drop, and i slightly thought about doing that, but i think i'll just go get some belltech spindles also and do a 4" front drop. :D

· Registered
2,390 Posts
bcossette said:
Is cutting an aftermarket spring OK as long as you know what your doing? SKDSPD cut 1 inch off his 2" hotchkis coil for a 3" drop, and i slightly thought about doing that, but i think i'll just go get some belltech spindles also and do a 4" front drop. :D
With an aftermarket coil they're generaly stiffer so a little cutting is okay.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.