GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was just wonderin what everyone els thought.....

i have the chance to get an 04 lq4 6.0l its from a silverado 2500hd aprx. 85 k

it will come with everything including accs. wire harness manifold engine cover except ecm....for $985.00 should i do it? im just looking for some advise...

plans would be to get a performnce tune...long tubes...cam ...send it out to be rebuilt.. then drop her in for some fun.

or i kud get an 06 5.3 with 56k for 785.00

what do u guys think?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
for a few more bucks, do the 6.0. thats not a bad price at all if it includes everything aside from pcm. those can be had cheap enough.

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
the 6.0 is just a better motor. the price sounds about right for all of that. the 5.3 would be a good upgrade from the v6(im guessing thats what you have), but you will be wondering how much better the 6.0 would be. a all aluminum 330 hp 370 ft/lbs vs a 295 330 ft/lbs cast iron block for only a 200 dollar difference? 6.0..... Do it

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i was thinkin i wud just do a wheatly tune...ive herd good things about them and i kus by a pcm already tuned and send mine to him...like a swap.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
the 6.0 is just a better motor. the price sounds about right for all of that. the 5.3 would be a good upgrade from the v6(im guessing thats what you have), but you will be wondering how much better the 6.0 would be. a all aluminum 330 hp 370 ft/lbs vs a 295 330 ft/lbs cast iron block for only a 200 dollar difference? 6.0..... Do it
all aluminum? umm...no. theres a few all alu 5.3s, but GM hasn't put any other alu blocks in any trucks. i promise my lq4 block is just as much iron as my 5.3 is...

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea the 6.0 was in my old truck...2500hd. but it wasnt fast at all. my friend had a 5.3 and it was wayyyy faster. is that just cus of my gears and wieght of the big truck?

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
do it Frankie.

i have a cam that would go nicely in that 6.0L if you are interested. are you coming to Nantasket tomorrow?

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol cam is not even sumin im thinkin bout rite now but eventually i will def.

looks like next friday ill be given this guy a call then...i jsut wanted to check wit u guys and see if it was a good price and all...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts