GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Save up and get quality stuff...when it comes to electronics, you get what you pay for. Sony is one brand i would never by from, and if i hadn't gotten my xplode subs for free, i wouldn't have anything sony in my truck...and yes, they are that shitty...If you want some decent subs for cheap, look into kicker CVRs or sumthin like that...You can get CVRs for like $60 each on ebay...i would never buy ANYTHING sony that goes in my truck...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM SONY!

lol pretty much anything u'd buy for a home stereo is horrible in a car. No kenwood, no sony, no panasonic. Everyone i know that has had decks by thoose companies, hate them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will one 12 beat pretty hard? My neighbor has one cheap ass 12 and a 140 watt alpine amp and it beats up pretty good. I dont want to spend much money, and i aint tryin to set a record, i just want some good bass for when i listen to rap. How about a Kicker 12 and a good amp?

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
STAY AWAY FROM SONY!

lol pretty much anything u'd buy for a home stereo is horrible in a car. No kenwood, no sony, no panasonic. Everyone i know that has had decks by thoose companies, hate them.
What about Pioneer? :D

If you like returning things, get the Sony junk.

·
5,501 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
STAY AWAY FROM SONY!

I can't put down kenwood...i have an old kenwood amp that is still doin awesome...but i plan on replacin it down the road...its like 6 or 7 yrs old, and is still an alright amp IMO, but i don't plan on buyin another...

·
5,501 Posts
Stay away from that too...theres much better stuff on the market for a lil more money...id stick with pioneer, alpine, kicker, JL, stuff like that...for the most part, MTX is a no-no too...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
RedneckDude said:
Stay away from that too...theres much better stuff on the market for a lil more money...id stick with pioneer, alpine, kicker, JL, stuff like that...for the most part, MTX is a no-no too...
What he said! I run 2 Rockford HE2 10's in mine and blowed one a while back. Not really the Rockfords fault but I think I'm going with some JL's this time around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts