GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was helping a friend move a weekend ago and it's the first time i've ever hauled anythign with my 4/6. He didn't have a bunch of stuff but he did have a weight bench and some weights about 350lbs worth. anyway i loaded those up and we drove back his new apt. That load didn't bring the back down but a couple inches. I mean over little bumps i could feel the axle hitting the bumpstop (or the tires hitting the fenderwell) but nothing major. After unloading it looks like the tires sidewalls may have rubbed a little on the fenderlip. Does that make my tires more vulnerable to a blowout? How bad is it?

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
if it cut them down to the wires then yes. if its just a little rub dont worry about it. jsut dont haul 350 lbs again :crazy:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It probally didn't hurt it any, you may want to trim yur fender lips if ya ever haul again though. If the tire looks bad from the rubbing then just have a shop flip the tires around on the wheels.

·
I cant spell "teh"
130 Posts
KOEHRSENLB said:
haha this is the reason i will never do a static drop of more than 4 in the rear...i still use my truck as a truck too much.
all it needs is a little trim, hell I put easly 500lbs of sand bags in my truck with a 4-6 and it was fine, on the bumpstops but fine. I filled my bed of my old bagged one with no probs and a step thru the bed.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah im running 255/70's right now and when i get 20's i want to run 275/45's or some other 30" tire for the ride, plus it fills the well up a little better IMO. I plan on getting Intro twisted vistas.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
KOEHRSENLB said:
haha this is the reason i will never do a static drop of more than 4 in the rear...i still use my truck as a truck too much.
I had a couple hundred pounds of sand in my truck no problem. Just had o pack the bags around the hole and air tank.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sevenfold said:
With Intros you won't need to trim anything and you can run big tires no problem. The wonders of backspacing.

:word:

profile shot of my front with 275/45/20

and rear with 295/45/20

ZERO rubbing on a 4-6 :ninja: :bowtie:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mood_indigo said:
:word:

profile shot of my front with 275/45/20

and rear with 295/45/20

ZERO rubbing on a 4-6 :ninja: :bowtie:
Yeah,....thats why i need a custom backspacing wheel. What offsets do you have? I figure youre running a 20x8 and a 20x10 on each side

·
Registered
255 Posts
SITNLO said:
Yeah,....thats why i need a custom backspacing wheel. What offsets do you have? I figure youre running a 20x8 and a 20x10 on each side

20x8.5 with 6 inches BS and 20x10 with 7.5 inches BS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts