GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have room for an engine cover once my swap is complete, but my engine didn't come with the cover or the bracket that has the clips in the back so I was wondering if this is everything I need to make a Vortec Max 3 piece cover fit my 5.3?

Vortec Max.png

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,548 Posts
The grommets come with the new covers but you'll need the 5 bolts (12561667) that hold down the covers. One for the center and two for each side. Those bolts have been discontinued are not available. I used 25097225 cover bolts from 08+ trucks. They have a wing which makes it easy to remove the top cover. They are kind of a pain starting on the side covers so I snipped the plastic wings to make it easier. These bolts need a torx's head driver, I just use a long 1/4" extension with the torxs socket.

You will also need the three bolts that hold down the bracket that's third on your list (11505823)

Here is a pic of the newer cover hold down screws and a pic of the covers on my LQ9 build.

Link to the cover hold down bolts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-GM-Park-Side-Marker-Lamps-Front-Park-marker-Lamp-Retainers-25097225-Qty-4/192061433946

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can either of you confirm that the new center cover number 19355583 still has the white "vortec" and the red "max"?

I am concerned that I will order this, and it will be simply black because of the part number change.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I went ahead and ordered all 3. I will respond with the verdict when I get them in case others stumble onto this thread like I did looking for the answer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The verdict is... maybe. 19355583 is what was ordered, and what shows on the paperwork, and the center cover that showed up was indeed painted silver/red like I had hoped. However, looking at the pn on the part itself, I see the discontinued number 12598332. I really don't know what to say other than it worked out for me. I feel bad for anyone coming to search this out at a later date. Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts