GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A little language disclamer. But there is a boom.
th_Didgital4115.jpg

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
what in the hell was that?Transfer case? My buddy was doing almost that exact same thing with his 98 and it made me cringe knowing something like that might happen.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what in the hell was that?
This
Didgital4103.jpg

The culprit (sp?)
Didgital4106.jpg

I just had to take that back to O'Reilly and tell them "it broke". They gave me another one; no questions asked, besides the obvious reciept.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah my sound didnt come from the front so i doubt my problem was a cv.
Yeah, when I was gettin pulled out I kept it on 4lo cause the break was on the power side of the joint. And apparently it wasnt broke all the way off because it snapped again and everybody thought it was my rear end (be it an axle or ujoint, they didnt know) and I almost shit my britches. The rear end is fine now, so no worries.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was worried about my rear end for a little bit cause I dont have that kind of money to dump into another axle/ujoint.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Well u-joints are pretty cheap.... At least it wasn't the g80(assuming you have one). CVs are easily replaced, and now you can probably get one with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
573 Posts
yeah that is true at least it wasnt the rear end. i dont know if i have the g80 im pretty sure it does, it has posi but nothing special just the stock one from gm.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I just replaced then not too long ago in prep for this exact thing happening. It just amazes me that everytime I go in to the parts store for CV axles, they ask their little questions, they even ask if it is 2wd or 4wd. Its kinda conscerning (sp?).

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tis a G80 then. They make wonderful noises when they explode, and do lovely things to your diff cover:
HollisterTripDecember292006089.jpg
HOLY SHIT. Im glad that didnt happen to myself. We actually thought my rear end was fawked cause they said the second time it popped the driver rear tire stopped spinning ubruptly.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
hahaha, that diff cover got fucking owned

brings back memories

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
hahaha, that diff cover got fucking owned

brings back memories

Haha yup it made a huge boom and from about 80 yards away I instantly knew it was his rear end. Dude actually drove a little ways after it happened too, limping along in 4wd until that c-clip design caught up with him:
HollisterTripDecember292006087.jpg

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
If you and your buddies make a home-made mud pit on the side of your house.... you might be a Redneck.

I like the guy that yelled: "CV JOINT!", lol.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you and your buddies make a home-made mud pit on the side of your house.... you might be a Redneck.
No joke. You autta see the college we go to.:rocking:

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
Buahahaha thats awesome dan!!!

I really dont understand how you broke a joint though? It's not like you were really doing naything besides spinning your tires

1 - 20 of 73 Posts