GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got stopped by another lifted chevy on my way to work the other day and long story short, he was telling me I could add another lift kit to my existing lift since its a full 6 inch drop. He said I could use parts from a non full drop kit on mine and lift it more. I'm calling :bs: on this one and even if it did work, i cant imagine it being safe. But he claims one of his friends did it on an OBS. :think: So this guy is smoking some good shit right?

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
id agree with your call. You cant stack control arms. You would have to pull off the old parts and atleast drop them further which would be replacing the whole dang kit.

·
Registered
640 Posts
well it seems possible if you think about it, but extremely unsafe. i remember full force suspension used to advertise that you could stack their lifts together if you wanted to go bigger. it might work with certain lifts but it would probably not hold alignment worht a shit. I would think that if you had a full drop kit, you could add a knuckle kit under that and it might work.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
He's been smoking some shit:mexsmoke: What are you going to do about dropping the front diff more, and getting the steering components right?

·
Registered
640 Posts
He's been smoking some shit:mexsmoke: What are you going to do about dropping the front diff more, and getting the steering components right?
on most kits you could just bolt the differential drops together and with the steering bracket it wouldnt matter if you added a knuckle kit to the full drop. the whole deal would be too weak to drive id think.

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
you could use spindles from another lift to add to your lift. like cst spindles added to standard cst lifts. id consider that stacking but that dudes talkin gibberish.

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
sounds like itd be hardcore jerry riggin
youd have to install it yourself, cause im sure no person or shop would b/c of liability

·
Registered
224 Posts
I want to see it done , the shafts would be almost str8 up and down with spacers as thick as a phone book LOL. .

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats what i thought, he was talking about a knuckle lift onto a full drop, but seems pretty boyett to me.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Yes it has been done, but it takes some serious hacking/fabastermacation. I was talking about this stupidity to someone a couple of days ago. Anyone who does such a thing needs their balls pounded flat with a wooden mallet.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Why would you add a knuckle kit spindle when you can crank just as much with a full drop kit???

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
With the time and money it takes to do somthing like that, its cheaper to sfa, then you can go as big as you want. Oh not to mention yod'd b dumber than dirt, if you want to stack two lift under a truck.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
you could use spindles from another lift to add to your lift. like cst spindles added to standard cst lifts. id consider that stacking but that dudes talkin gibberish.
You'd have to lengthen/modify the knuckle. This is what makes it a hack job.

There's a shop in SoCal that's famous for this. I just can't remember the shop's name right now...

Edit: It's "Custom Motorsports" in Riverside. They added 4" of boxed steel to a 8" HD fabtech kit and called it a 12" kit. They lengthened the knuckles by welding on an extra 4". It was hacked and looked dumb.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts