GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
for that much you can build you a 454 with a supercharger kick azz Performabuilt tranny standalone tranny controller and EFI. With money left over to pimp out the inside, including audio.... maybe even a lift kit if you wanted...

30k can do a lot in a 93 full size anything....

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Registered
I mean do you think people's time is free? There's a lot of hours that will be going into that swap and that $30k ESTIMATE is going to turn into $50k+ very fast.
Oh definitely agreed. They will milk the crap out of those man hours.. Custom costs, and even legit businesses knows it...

Registered
I don't get the Dmax swap...Can anyone tell me why someone would spend this much on this?

Registered
Why would anyone spend x amount on bagging their truck? Because they want too...
touch茅...Hey look I got a diesel in my burb..
hey look, my bumper drags the ground and makes sparks lol....

Registered
Some people have tiny dicks and need to show it
maybe...

But not all people who mod have tiny peter problems.. Some things yes for sure, Not sure dmax in a burb is a tiny peter thing. Just an expensive mod I don't understand. lol. for 30k you can get Steve Morris or others to build you a beast of an engine....Why put a dmax in a burb for 30k...

Registered
If you want to go fast on a strip and take that same 3k+ hp car on the street, Steve is who you go talk to. What tiny peter thing do you do or have?

Registered
Maybe one of these too...

Registered
Reports people for using fuck now this, how professional, maybe a mod should clean this up.
Hey now...You know I got kicked off a forum once for sending a link to a headlight I wanted to use, and asked if it was worth the purchase. Twitter suspended 2 of my accounts for nothing. I just play it safe.
But now I know how this place rolls and you're a dack, and I like it. I figure now if you don't like what I post you'll delete it and I'll just try to find another way to piss you off..

Registered
This thread got interesting while I was a way. And VS is a Canadian company, like owned by Indians. Not the teepee and tomahawk ones, the 'thank you come again' ones. That is more than likely the reason behind the trouble.

And not everything is built to race, maybe he wants to tow with it. A diesel engine makes sense then. Also why not?

Your opinions are now Null and void...
I just throw shit out..
Sometimes it sticks other times it just leaves me with stinky fingers..

Registered
I have a Duramax powered farm truck
View attachment 877560
I actually looked for a different bumper for your truck..
They all look like shit...
I rescind my original statement .....But the dildo on the hood might look good for a photo op lol...just saying.... Funny "picture of the day" topic kinda thing..

Registered
Elaborate. What makes that diesel so good?
I think diesels do serve a purpose. My buddy had a beat up 96 dodge. I mean the engine had seen better days.
Towing a travel trailer or driving the fuel mileage stayed at 19.... Never even felt the trailer on the back...

Downside with that truck was we worked in North Dakota in the winter with it.
His heaters only did so much. Scary starting it winter of 2011/2012 I believe.

Registered
A lot of what makes a diesel so good IMO is something they are bringing to gasoline vehicles now. Direct injection. The ability to inject fuel before, during and after the combustion starts creates a lot of improvements in efficiency and stress on the engine.

The way I understand it is: it is the "average" force through the power stroke that creates Force. In a typical injected motor you have to inject all of your fuel at once during the open time of the intake valve. That creates one big explosion and the extent of all of your Force that diminishes as the volume increases when the piston is traveling down the cylinder.

Direct injection allows you to inject fuel into the combustion chamber to start the combustion process as the piston hits TDC, then as the piston is traveling down, the injector can continue injecting fuel during the combustion process and compensate for the increased volume of the cylinder. This means you don't have one solid hit of combustion, but a continual push of combustion pressure. Therefore more Force with less impact to the stress to the hard parts.

Looking at my tune in EFIlive for the LBZ there is like 6 injector openings per power stroke. 2 pilot injection and 4 post injection.

Diesel is also supposed to have more energy per volume than gasoline, or so I have heard.
Didn't know it adds even more fuel after TDC...You can also run a higher compression because direct injection allows for a later fuel feed, preventing pre ignition/detonation. That in return adds more POWAH..

Reactions: Markmx6

Registered
You forgot lack of spark plugs. Direct injection is not a technology advantage or power adder on a diesel but simple how they run. Average diesel runs 16-17:0:1 compression ratio for a reasonFuel is lit by the force/heat of of piston compressing the directly injected fuel when it hits TDC.

So with out spark plugs, a need for any electrical fuel injection, only cold air coming in at compresson struck, and low flash point of diesel fuel. Diesel is 50% better on just thermal gains vs gas. Not to mention almost no movable parts compared to gas, so way more reliable.

pretty much any tractor, small motor, or heavy equipment will prove that, but they never get over 15mph.

2500+ pickups..... yea
20% more efficient... no???

Registered
where did you get that from?
I don't know.....I'll try and find out.. I remember a lot of things....Just not always where I read it. Heck, I read legislation like a Christian reads a Bible, I read a lot of things. My brain has to stay busy...

Registered
I have a degree from UTI and I never call them reputable.. it鈥檚 basically just an over priced bad community college. All professors are just old burn outs that never made it in the real world and beat their wifes. Your graded on how good you can replacte there terrible outdated techniques. Real knowledge is out the window.
Show me data that it's a 50% increase...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts