GMC Truck Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,639 Posts
maybe...

But not all people who mod have tiny peter problems.. Some things yes for sure, Not sure dmax in a burb is a tiny peter thing. Just an expensive mod I don't understand. lol. for 30k you can get Steve Morris or others to build you a beast of an engine....Why put a dmax in a burb for 30k...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Why put Duramax in it? Why bother with a Steve Morris engine? Why put a lift in? Why put a 4 link and bags on? Why do anything? Your logic is shit, just saying

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you want to go fast on a strip and take that same 3k+ hp car on the street, Steve is who you go talk to. What tiny peter thing do you do or have?

·
Super Moderator
6,639 Posts
If you want to go fast on a strip and take that same 3k+ hp car on the street, Steve is who you go talk to. What tiny peter thing do you do or have?

I have a Duramax powered farm truck 😂

·
Registered
177 Posts
Reports people for using fuck now this, how professional, maybe a mod should clean this up.
Hey now...You know I got kicked off a forum once for sending a link to a headlight I wanted to use, and asked if it was worth the purchase. Twitter suspended 2 of my accounts for nothing. I just play it safe.
But now I know how this place rolls and you're a dack, and I like it. I figure now if you don't like what I post you'll delete it and I'll just try to find another way to piss you off..

·
The great white Canadian
2,023 Posts
This thread got interesting while I was a way. And VS is a Canadian company, likely owned by Indians. Not the teepee and tomahawk ones, the 'thank you come again' ones. That is more than likely the reason behind the trouble.

And not everything is built to race, maybe he wants to tow with it. A diesel engine makes sense then. Also why not?

You need a different bumper.... lol

Your opinions are now Null and void...

·
Registered
177 Posts
This thread got interesting while I was a way. And VS is a Canadian company, like owned by Indians. Not the teepee and tomahawk ones, the 'thank you come again' ones. That is more than likely the reason behind the trouble.

And not everything is built to race, maybe he wants to tow with it. A diesel engine makes sense then. Also why not?

Your opinions are now Null and void...
I just throw shit out..
Sometimes it sticks other times it just leaves me with stinky fingers..

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
855 Posts
@Peewee0413 Because diesel is a superior platform to gas. Americans are scared of diesel though hence why they get neutered so hard.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Source: I build one and currently building one. I have north of 60k into my 67 build all in pretty much all diy. Trying to do the blazer for less but I think even diy you would be hard pressed to do it for less then 10k
You also built a beautiful truck from the ground up, with an SAS, full paint and interior.

My conversion DIY cost 16K and I still have the 8.1 and 4l80, axles etc sitting at the house.

maybe...

But not all people who mod have tiny peter problems.. Some things yes for sure, Not sure dmax in a burb is a tiny peter thing. Just an expensive mod I don't understand. lol. for 30k you can get Steve Morris or others to build you a beast of an engine....Why put a dmax in a burb for 30k...

The duramax in a Suburban allows you to have 8 passengers plus gear and still tow a trailer really well. I got close to 14 MPG pulling my car trailer with a ford explorer on it, and that is through the mountains. I was able to not only hold, but accelerate past 75 MPH up a 7 percent grade. I imagine you can do that with a built gasoline engine, but you are going to feel it on fuel mileage.

My 8.1 never got better than 8-9 mpg. The LBZ averages 15 or better and I drive like an asshole. Towing my camper to Flagstaff I struggled up the hills and 3.8MPG after the duramax swap I can average 13-14 and have no issues. If I get slowed down behind someone up the hill I can accelerate back up to the speed limit on even the steepest hills on that route.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
. Stand alone harness and tunes at 1500 a piece seams wrong. When I was looking into stand alone harnesses 1500 was the cost for tunes and harness. 1500 for tunes is flash scan and tune prices if you send the ecm off with the harness you shouldn't need to purchase the hardware. Tunes for my 67 conversion were 600 bucks, last lml I did was 650 so they seam to keep going up.
This is too true. $1500 for a custom built harrness is not out the question.

But the extra $1500 for tune? They have no ability to tune it in house. Shit will be sitting for years while they ship the PCM off and blame it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a Duramax powered farm truck
View attachment 877560
I actually looked for a different bumper for your truck..
They all look like shit...
I rescind my original statement .....But the dildo on the hood might look good for a photo op lol...just saying.... Funny "picture of the day" topic kinda thing..

·
Registered
3,027 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
God damn, stand up for self.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Elaborate. What makes that diesel so good?
I think diesels do serve a purpose. My buddy had a beat up 96 dodge. I mean the engine had seen better days.
Towing a travel trailer or driving the fuel mileage stayed at 19.... Never even felt the trailer on the back...

Downside with that truck was we worked in North Dakota in the winter with it.
His heaters only did so much. Scary starting it winter of 2011/2012 I believe.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
You also built a beautiful truck from the ground up, with an SAS, full paint and interior.

My conversion DIY cost 16K and I still have the 8.1 and 4l80, axles etc sitting at the house.

The duramax in a Suburban allows you to have 8 passengers plus gear and still tow a trailer really well. I got close to 14 MPG pulling my car trailer with a ford explorer on it, and that is through the mountains. I was able to not only hold, but accelerate past 75 MPH up a 7 percent grade. I imagine you can do that with a built gasoline engine, but you are going to feel it on fuel mileage.

My 8.1 never got better than 8-9 mpg. The LBZ averages 15 or better and I drive like an asshole. Towing my camper to Flagstaff I struggled up the hills and 3.8MPG after the duramax swap I can average 13-14 and have no issues. If I get slowed down behind someone up the hill I can accelerate back up to the speed limit on even the steepest hills on that route.
I think diesels do serve a purpose. My buddy had a beat up 96 dodge. I mean the engine had seen better days.
Towing a travel trailer or driving the fuel mileage stayed at 19.... Never even felt the trailer on the back...

Downside with that truck was we worked in North Dakota in the winter with it.
His heaters only did so much. Scary starting it winter of 2011/2012 I believe.

Buy you never had one? 5.9 is not getting over 12mpg, and don’t even get me started on a 7.3

21 - 40 of 60 Posts