GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so today they tried to repo my truck because the said I didn't make a payment but gave me a receipt for payment. Go figure. As I called in office they confirmed I was correct. But as I got home I remembered to disconnect the GPS that dealers put to find vehicles. I want to know if I got the right module or is it just a dummy. The truck came with a starter disable and aftermarket alarm with vibration sensors and led. Thats ontop of oem factory alarm. Thus is it below. btw the color wires were already cut but black/red still connected

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I want nothing to do with this

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wasn't a bank but a buy here pay here dealer. And yes @ digger, I did it once already with another Silverado and that one I got dead on. Just this one looks fancier.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
It wasn't a bank but a buy here pay here dealer. And yes @ digger, I did it once already with another Silverado and that one I got dead on. Just this one looks fancier.
So basically, you're going to jail

·
Registered
276 Posts
In some states it is a felony to remove a GPS device on a vehicle that is under financing.

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Sooooooooo why do you NEED to remove it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just so that they can't find the truck and invades privacy rights under fourth amendment's and violates texas penal code 32.xxx according to a guy I talked to

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Maybe you should pay your damn bills :shrug:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Oh, I can read. You are tampering with someones property after signing a contract agreeing to have that installed in their vehicle. If it was YOUR truck then rip it out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts