GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to someone today and as of now I have a 08 nnbs that has stock 20". I am wanting to get a new set up on wheels and tires but do not want to go 20", I want to go 18". He said some times you can not go down on wheel size for a reason I do not remember. This true guys?

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
You can always go up and down on rim and tire size, as long as it clears the calipers & body work. Worse case is that it messes up your speedo, either shows your going slower or faster than you actually are depending on your overall tire size.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My father had a 05 Super Duty that came stock with 18's and he couldn't go any smaller at all. He tried 17's cuz to get aggresive tires for 18's was outragous but none the less the 17's wouldn't fit. So Hopefully GM didn't do the same and you can go smaller than 20's?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Yeah, I am only going to lift the front, but I am wanting to fit a 35" tire and I dont know if it can happen though?? So I figure a smaller rim I can fit a bigger tire. If I was putting a 6" lift I would leave the 20's>>>ANYONE INTERESTED WITH MY STOCK 20S?
they make 35's for a 20" rim. They make 35's for a 22" rim. it is still a 35" tire.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts