GMC Truck Forum banner

141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
have a 01 gmc sierra C3 supercharged. have had the 4l60e built in it. Has buillet input and output shafts upgraded sunshell. Heavy band kit. 2600 stall circle D converter. transco shift kit. Truck makes just over 500 hp . I keep burning the third gear clutch pak out. It happened after 1800km then had a new unit built. That one lasted 2300km. Shop built me a new unit again. This one has lasted 3700km. Need help. Any suggestions on what could be causing this

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,237 Posts
have a 01 gmc sierra C3 supercharged. have had the 4l60e built in it. Has buillet input and output shafts upgraded sunshell. Heavy band kit. 2600 stall circle D converter. transco shift kit. Truck makes just over 500 hp . I keep burning the third gear clutch pak out. It happened after 1800km then had a new unit built. That one lasted 2300km. Shop built me a new unit again. This one has lasted 3700km. Need help. Any suggestions on what could be causing this
If you sig is correct, your problem is the lift and tires. That's more torque being applied to the rotating assembly than it was ever designed for.

·
meow
15,748 Posts
First gear RPM's going high, no speed, fumbles into 2nd.

By Hitman's logic this would be the Shift A solenoid? any other suggestions?

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Re: Is your 4L60E fucked/fucking up? Help within

My transmission went out due to insufficient oil:

Before it went out, it would shift really soft you would hardly feel it shift, TC would keep unlocking and locking up, it would surge on curves, surging going up-hill, and when you would get on it would hit red line before it got a hold of the next shift.

Also if you have a Transmission temperature gauge, your needle should usually be sitting at 160 not towing. If you see it climb check your Oil.

-Miguel
I have 4L80e and with 37's and 4.88 gears behind my 6.0L I never see anything above 150* not towing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 96 1500 votec changed to old 350 how can I get around the crank ses to control the 4l60e in limp home mode have tach n tps fig out

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have an 07 silvy crew cab w/ 4/7 drop and wondering if the TC going out or out put shaft bushings would cause a drive line vibration? I have been chasing this problem for awhile. I have tried everything you could think of with the drive line and wheels and it never goes away. I even took the flip kit off and put the rear end back to stock and the same vibration is there. I did a fluid and filter change on tranny at 50,000 and now I have 80,000 miles on it and fluid level is good. ANY ideas!! Thx!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i read the list of possible failure in the 4l60e and just for confirmation if i went from a 3.42 gear set to a 3.73 gear set in a 1998 1500 5.7 vortec 4x4 would that have anything to do with it not having second or third gear or is it most likely the 2/3 solenoid. I was wondering if anyone else had a problem like this or if a program or reflash is necessary
:yuno: y u noo shift trans

·
Registered
244 Posts
A buddy of mine has a 2001 Silverado and his 4L60E has 245k miles, it has lost 1st and 3rd gear. Any ideas what the issue is, I am assuming clutches? All other gears still work.

·
Duramax Modder
28 Posts
My 04 Yukon lurches forward on startup 9x% of the time and has a delayed 1-2 shift. Would that be something simple or a tq converter ?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a 2000 silvy with a 5.3 in it. Mine has started acting up. At partial throttle the 1-2 shift is fairly hard. It doesn't do it in any other gear. It also doesn't do it when closer to WOT. Not sure what it could be. Didn't really see anything that fit this description.

Sent from my IPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a 2000 silvy with a 5.3 in it. Mine has started acting up. At partial throttle the 1-2 shift is fairly hard. It doesn't do it in any other gear. It also doesn't do it when closer to WOT. Not sure what it could be. Didn't really see anything that fit this description.

Anybody have an idea?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have heard this hard second gear shift is due to TC locking too soon. Supposedly there is an update that will ix this if and when you have the tranny re-built. I assume that a tuner such as Black Bear could straighten it out through the tune.

141 - 160 of 193 Posts