GMC Truck Forum banner

161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
355ci TBI with 4l60e-
anyone have any idea why my 4th gear sounds like a diesel tractor trying to
start out in 10th gear. happens when im going 50mph and trying to accelerate.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
Alright, what about this... I'll be cruising along in D or 3, partial throttle, then mash it wot, seems to downshift but doesn't really go anywhere fast and bouncing off rev limiter HARD and fast...??!
Thought at first that I was just breaking traction, but really don't believe that is the case.

·
bowhunter
714 Posts
ok im at a point of goin nuts!! 97 z71 in limp mode....replaced both solenoids and have 11.88 volts at plug.....still there HELP!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was towing back from the race track in my suburban recently and was engine braking in 3rd when I noticed an odd gear grinding noise (somewhat muffled)... persisted any time I was off throttle but only in 3rd gear for the remainder of the trip (20 miles or so). I'm typically towing 4000 lbs including the trailer.

The noise has not repeated itself, but I've also not been engine braking in 3rd lately. At the time I was close to home and climbing up and down grades in the last 20 miles of the trip. I'd thought that leaving it in 3rd up and down hills would reduce shifts and be easier on it. Maybe I was wrong.

Is this thing on borrowed time? Has external trans cooler, factory cooler in radiator bypassed, no trans gauge.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I have a problem with my truck that doesn't exactly fit any in the first post. If I put the truck in drive, it just revs, same with 3rd, but if I manually select first or second I can drive and then shift into third and fourth while I'm up to speed. And second gear seems to slip. Any advice? Thanks for any help y'all can provide me.

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
Got a weird problem I didn't see on here. Have a Yank tt3000 converter. When in OD and tq converter is locked the truck shakes as if it's hesitating. This only happens when it's under a load going up a slight incline or I'm easing into the throttle. When it's locked up coasting or going down hill it doesn't do it, only when under a load. I hit the brake to unlock it and it stops. It's throwing a p0200 injector circuit code... Could this be the issue?

·
Registered
146 Posts
What's the fix for #18????? Is the speed sensor for the speedo?
Just picked up my truck from the repair shop- front pump, and cooler lines leaking at the rubber part- is that common?

·
Registered
94 Posts
This may be a naive question. I have 3.42 gears and 33's when I accelerate it hits hard getting up to 20 when I keep my rpm's at 2300 or below anything above that rpm is smooth. I don't mind the fast acceleration but I was curious as to why this was.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Question, with tow/haul mode engaged, my truck has no engine hold back when going down a hill (RPMs drop to idle, acts like I just shifted into neutral). Tow/haul mode seems to work find when accelerating (lowers shift points, etc...). Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My tranny in my 2000 5.3 downshifts from second to first very aggressively for no reason goin around corners. And it does what #10 does at wot from first to second. Will the fix for that also fix the aggresive downshift?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2000 Silverado and tranny takes mercon 3 can I substitude with mercon 5 sinthetic or will mess up the tranny or affect the performance of tranny let me know guys thanks

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
I lost 1st & 4th gear. I still have OD, 2nd & 3rd. 2nd to 3rd gear is a harsh shift under high RPM gear changes. First page says shift soloenoid A, so I want to give it a shot/

Where do I find this Shift solenoid A to buy?

Tried Google & Ebay..

This correct?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4L60E-4L65E...B-Shift-Solenoid-93-up-24230298-/181357960999

Anyone know the ACdelco (or any brand) part # for just Shift Solenoid A? or are A & B the same solenoid?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Im getting ready to drop my pan and change the filter soon. Just did a vette servo and trying to figure out my harsh shift. It happens from 1-2, and 3-4. Sometimes its there and sometimes its not. Kinda sounds more like a chirp. Trans does shift hard though when it makes the noise. Im not getting any codes or slipping. Shifts normally just hard with a little clunk or chirp sound. Is this related to the solenoids? I was planning on swapping both out while i drop the pan if this will fix my issue.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-24230298-Valve-Assembly/dp/B0013FZSUS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0R3K8NYRPC3E11Z06QQ6/[/ame] ACDelco 24230298 is the part number im coming up with for both solenoid a and b unless anybody can correct me.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Im getting ready to drop my pan and change the filter soon. Just did a vette servo and trying to figure out my harsh shift. It happens from 1-2, and 3-4. Sometimes its there and sometimes its not. Kinda sounds more like a chirp. Trans does shift hard though when it makes the noise. Im not getting any codes or slipping. Shifts normally just hard with a little clunk or chirp sound. Is this related to the solenoids? I was planning on swapping both out while i drop the pan if this will fix my issue.

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-24230...s_auto_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0R3K8NYRPC3E11Z06QQ6/ ACDelco 24230298 is the part number im coming up with for both solenoid a and b unless anybody can correct me.
been looking into this alot. Both the same, and that is correct #

·
Registered
339 Posts
Spike TV, PowerBlock show "TruckTech" has a special today on rebuilding/upgrading the 4l60e. Might have some useful info in it.

Just threw it on the DVR to watch later and thought I'd give the heads up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Alright guys, I put my 2000 pickup on the track this weekend and had no troubles running the 1/8th mile, but driving home we were going up a hill on the interstate and it all of a sudden quit pulling. I am pretty sure that it was in overdrive at that point, but could have been in 3rd. I still had 1st and 2nd but was slipping in 3rd and would not allow it to go into OD. We thought that maybe it was a little low fluid so we pulled off and checked the fluid and it looked to have plenty.
Got back on the interstate and all of a sudden bumped into 3rd then OD and ran home fine. Got off the interstate and ran thru the gears and started acting up again with no 3rd gear. Tried to pull at first then quit again.
The truck is about 575hp and 4L60E has a 3000 stall on it- Tranny was that way when I bought it.

After reading the sticky I have a few questions:

1. I see the solenoid could cause 1st or 3rd to go out - could it be one or the other gear or both to be solenoid as the culprit?
2. The fluid looked clean, but is it possible there is a piece of trash in it clogging up a valve and keeping it from going into 3rd?
3. I saw another possibility as being the clutches, but when it finally shifted, it did seem to run and pull fine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
hey guys i am leaking transmission fluid out what i believe is the transmission extension seal, atleast that is what it is called on rock auto.com.. I see there are 2 options, booted and non-booted seals. Anyways know which it is or what the difference between the 2 are? I have a 2001 silverado 2wd
4l60 automatic, with the 5.3l v8. I haven't pulled mine out yet since i really would like to have the replacement there and ready to install when i remove the old one.

161 - 180 of 205 Posts