GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adding an amp to my stock head unit (base cd w/ steering wheel controls) I got a pac oem-1 with adapter 1416 for my 07 nnbs, and it doesn't work at all.
The plugs are correct, but none of the wires match up. Ex: factory harness has fr spkrs on pins 2,3,9,10 and the pac harness has them on 4,5,6,7. short of rewiring the whole harness, anybody else have a different fix or run into this before.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
just use a SOEM-T and tap the front speaker outs

·
Registered
75 Posts
Any one have experience with one of these actually working? I know he could just the tap he prolly does too but he spent possibly 40 bucks on something that's useless.....and that sucks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, it's a my company truck so i didn't really want to start hacking into the harness, and it's just a nice clean way to get dual pre-outs and a remote wire.
Plus if you tap into the front speakers wires wouldn't you get door chimes through your sub?
Either way it appears a 1416A harness for saturns got into my 1416 package, and that is causing the issue, it's the same plugs just different pin locations?
I'll wait and see what happens when my new one shows up next week.

·
9,823 Posts
so T-tap the rears and yes you would, so I made a mistake, oops

·
Registered
75 Posts
ok so my 1416 works. Well i cant say it completely works because i haven't hooked an amp up but i hooked it up and still get all power to the radio and sound out of the speakers so i'm assuming i don't have a problem like the OP.

·
P.I.M.P. Trucks
126 Posts
my girlfriend asked me to put a HU in her cobalt, I went through 3 PAC harnesses before I got one that worked.

·
9,823 Posts
my girlfriend asked me to put a HU in her cobalt, I went through 3 PAC harnesses before I got one that worked.
thats weird, all the same ones?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts