GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
& Stump Pulling
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever swapped a Duramax/(Isuzu 6H) Inline 6 into there pickup?

·
RIP Jason Payne
1,824 Posts
Ive never seen it done but two of the rigs I worked on used theses to power their smaller light plants and short of being shutdown for regular maintenance thoses things ran all the time with no real issues.

·
& Stump Pulling
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive never seen it done but two of the rigs I worked on used theses to power their smaller light plants and short of being shutdown for regular maintenance thoses things ran all the time with no real issues.
Cool man yeah I have heard a lot of good things about them, they are in all those insane high mileage cabover Isuzu delivery trucks. I have an exgirlfriend whos Dad owns three of them and all have over a half a million miles on them and all three are running great.

I am going to do more research because a built inline 6 duramax cummins killer might just need to be my next powerplant (once my warrenty is up) in my 2010 HD.

·
Sparkplugs FTL
1,957 Posts
Cool man yeah I have heard a lot of good things about them, they are in all those insane high mileage cabover Isuzu delivery trucks. I have an exgirlfriend whos Dad owns three of them and all have over a half a million miles on them and all three are running great.

I am going to do more research because a built inline 6 duramax cummins killer might just need to be my next powerplant (once my warrenty is up) in my 2010 HD.
im going to guess your truck is a gasser? if not why not just build a v8 duramax cummapart killer

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
seen it done in a old truck they have about the same power as a old 6.2 diesel but they are tough

dont think id jerk a 345 hp gas engine out of a almost new truck for a really old 100 hp diesel

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
well the one i saw was in a square body so it bolts up i think idk if there was any mods or adapters but is doable

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
seen it done in a old truck they have about the same power as a old 6.2 diesel but they are tough

dont think id jerk a 345 hp gas engine out of a almost new truck for a really old 100 hp diesel
this.

thats really all i have to say lol

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts

Huh?

It's a 7.8L tier 3 motor with 2-300hp and up to ~850ft/lbs depending on factory config.

It should use a standard SAE bell housing so trannies will be plentiful depending on what you want. Rebuilds from wreckers are everywhere. The issue will be finding a married tranny, probably easier to adapt a divorced t-case.

·
& Stump Pulling
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Huh?

It's a 7.8L tier 3 motor with 2-300hp and up to ~850ft/lbs depending on factory config.

It should use a standard SAE bell housing so trannies will be plentiful depending on what you want. Rebuilds from wreckers are everywhere. The issue will be finding a married tranny, probably easier to adapt a divorced t-case.
I was talking to a guy who had one all hopped up, and it was making serious power, but for the money he had wrapped into it you could make more power out of almost anything. It is as reliable as a swiss watch tho.

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
Huh?

my bad im think of the engine that was in the milk trucks and stuff it was a smaller 4 banger engine. still the 6h is kinda huge weighs about 1300 lbs and is hooked to the larger allison semi trucks. why not just find a dmax or just keep it gas shit. i cant see gutting a new truck apart for the swap. rather than pay 6 years or whatever you owe on the gas trade it in on diesel be alot cheaper in the long run.

·
& Stump Pulling
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my bad im think of the engine that was in the milk trucks and stuff it was a smaller 4 banger engine. still the 6h is kinda huge weighs about 1300 lbs and is hooked to the larger allison semi trucks. why not just find a dmax or just keep it gas shit. i cant see gutting a new truck apart for the swap. rather than pay 6 years or whatever you owe on the gas trade it in on diesel be alot cheaper in the long run.
Yeah I was mostly just kind of curious if anyone has done it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts