GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
leaving school 2nite i got in my truck backed up out of my spot then started to go forward and heard a loud POP! stopped the truck looked underneath and saw nothing then got back in and it drove kinda funny like only one wheel was spinning and the locker was engaged. i said f it and kept driving. about 5 min later all forward momentum ceased in drive. so i pulled over and put it in park and heard the noise i didnt want to hear of the transmission stopping the spinning driveshaft. put it in 4 hi and drove home. so im guessing my gov lock let go...:guns: what are my options for replacing this? i havent really looked since i just got home and have a ton of hw to do but i want to get it fixed hopefully by this weekend.

truck specs:
2000 gmc yukon slt 5.3 4x4 just hit 100k miles and im on 275/75/16's

wtf do i do now? should i just replace the gov lock or throw in a really nice limited slip? thnx in advance

·
Typical Smart-Ass
1,147 Posts
It kinda depends on what you 'sploded back there. You may be about to get away with simply swappin in an LSD, but there's a chance the govlock took the gears with it.
:imo
Pull it apart and take a good look at what's going on inside there. Look close at all the teeth and make sure none look damaged. If all is well, upgrade to a good LSD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts