GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was goning home the other day and this traileblazer roles up next to me at a stop light he takes off and so do i then i start so pass him and he speeds up and i do the same then he flors it i do the same to and we are even until 3rd gear and i walk away from him he had the SS badge but it is kinde of hard for me to believe that my 8000Lb truck can get a 4000Lb LS2. coments?????

·
GMFS Uber-Member
688 Posts
Never know. I beat a Honda Civic 4 door (no one bash me please) no problem, but it sounded like he missed a shift, I don't know how you miss a shift in an automatic though. Also, my crew cab 6.0 kept up with my friends ext. cab 4.8 w/hypertech until the 1-2 shift and he lurched ahead; but that's 6,000lbs to like 5,000lbs.

P.S....how does your truck weigh 8,000lbs? I've got a 3/4ton and curb weight is 5,800lbs. You're not carrying around 2,000lbs in Shurtrax are you?

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never know. I beat a Honda Civic 4 door (no one bash me please) no problem, but it sounded like he missed a shift, I don't know how you miss a shift in an automatic though. Also, my crew cab 6.0 kept up with my friends ext. cab 4.8 w/hypertech until the 1-2 shift and he lurched ahead; but that's 6,000lbs to like 5,000lbs.

P.S....how does your truck weigh 8,000lbs? I've got a 3/4ton and curb weight is 5,800lbs. You're not carrying around 2,000lbs in Shurtrax are you?
i have had my share of 1500 bashings with 5.3L but they where all stock i guss at that time i was to with only a superchip tuner??? the 8K is GVW so i dont know what the real Lbs are with me in it it is most likely around 5-6K

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no way it was, those fuckers are fast.
I did just get my cam installed and a Hptune but i dont know he might have been a poser

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
ok i was goning home the other day and this traileblazer roles up next to me at a stop light he takes off and so do i then i start so pass him and he speeds up and i do the same then he flors it i do the same to and we are even until 3rd gear and i walk away from him he had the SS badge but it is kinde of harde for me to believe that my 8000Lb truck can get a 4000Lb LS2. coments?????
Sorry bud but it wasn't a trailblazer.
Like you said:
1.) The trailblazer weighs a shit load less than you
2.) You have an lq4, he has an ls2
3.)Your truck probably runs high 14's as it is.
4.) Stock Trailblazer SS's run 13's

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i did some numbers

2006 TRAILEBLASER SS Curb Weight 4,496Lbs LS2,6.0L:395HP / 400LbsTq
[email protected] 1/4

2006 TRAILBLAZER LT Curb Weight 4,356Lbs LH6,5.3L:300HP / 330LbsTq
[email protected] 1/4

2006 1500HD Curb Weight 5,471Lbs LQ9,6.0L:300HP / 360LbsTq +cam and tune ? need to dyno
stock [email protected] 1/4

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
ok i did some numbers

2006 TRAILEBLASER SS Curb Weight 4,496Lbs / 395HP 400LbsTq
[email protected] 1/4

2006 1500HD Curb Weight 5,471Lbs 300HP / 360LbsTq +cam and tune ? need to dyno
stock [email protected]
your cam and tune didn't add 2seconds off your 1/4 mile. A blower might but not 50 rwhp.

Not trying to be a dick, but it just wasn't an SS or if it was, he wasn't playing along.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont really care if it was or not he still has LBS on me by 1,000+ the times are calculated not ran so i need to get a slip and take mine to the dyno I need to sell my fucking superchip to get it to the dyno i havent worked in about 5 months

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
He was probably just accelerating like he normally would. You just thought he was racing.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He was probably just accelerating like he normally would. You just thought he was racing.
na he took off i had my windows down i could hear him he had it opend up, it must have been the 5.3L with the SS badge PPL in this town do shit like that all the time

your cam and tune didn't add 2seconds off your 1/4 mile. A blower might but not 50 rwhp.

Not trying to be a dick, but it just wasn't an SS or if it was, he wasn't playing along.
if I gained 50RWHP that would put me at a [email protected] so if it was the 5.3L shifting at stock points and me shifting at 6100 then it is posible. If i made 50RWHP from the cam

·
U-Turn Master
239 Posts
A 1500HD will not run 15.0 Stock. Maybe high 15's. I would imagine that your truck may hit high 14's on a good night as it sits, but probably not without head work. If not, you got a freak. lol

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
na he took off i had my windows down i could hear him he had it opend up, it must have been the 5.3L with the SS badge PPL in this town do shit like that all the time

if I gained 50RWHP that would put me at a [email protected] so if it was the 5.3L shifting at stock points and me shifting at 6100 then it is posible. If i made 50RWHP from the cam
Just curious, but how do you figure that 50 rwhp equals a full second?

10rwhp=-.1 of 1/4 mile

even that is a tiny bit generous

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know he had aftermarket rims and they looked like 20's but thats aftermarket. and the ss badge on it now for the grill i would of had to look behinde me and i dont do that when i am going 98+ down the street.

A 1500HD will not run 15.0 Stock. Maybe high 15's. I would imagine that your truck may hit high 14's on a good night as it sits, but probably not without head work. If not, you got a freak. lol
I said i did some numbers not take it to the track, it has not been there yet i need to get it on a dyno before that so I can do a better HPtune

1 - 20 of 61 Posts