GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
in true GMFS fashion, i am making a thread before i actually have any pictures.

I can say this much.... We got the entire front of the truck off, old engine out, and mikes friend is currently working on the cam/springs for the new setup. I really cant take any credit for any of the work, other then moving a few parts here and there.
For those that dont know........
Old set up
5.3, Volant, LS6 springs, LS1 hotcam, Dougs Mid Legnths, Blowmaster exhaust, 60e.

New set up.
LQ9, Volant, LS6 springs, LS6 cam, Dougs Mid Legnths, LS1 Fans, TB Bypass, Blowmaster, 65e.

Im going to run this new setup for a while, then work my way into some boost. I still have a few parts to piece together for the supercharger, but when its all said and done, it will be a magnacharger 112 and snow perf stage II.

Now about the pics..........well mike has them on his camera. He is my chauffer so he is having to drive me around he thinks he is going to see hot chicks at a party so i have no idea when/if he will post pics.

Matts60swap002.gif

Matts60swap004.jpg

Matts60swap005.jpg

Matts60swap006.jpg

Efans
Matts60swap009.gif

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
you bastard.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
buy the magic stick 3 in the classifides, and then get a 4000 stall and some new springs :imo it will sound so good. then keep the ls1 cam for when you go forced induction

·
//NC FL\\
1,067 Posts
buy the magic stick 3 in the classifides, and then get a 4000 stall and some new springs :imo it will sound so good. then keep the ls1 cam for when you go forced induction
i do agree with him lol

·
4,725 Posts
You would see a benefit from ditching the blowmasters unless they are 10 series and mandrel bends.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts