GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally bent a wheel tonight :( . Although it wasnt my fault. To make a long story short, I was driving on the service road leaving school when some guy in a ext cab silvy (most likely another UTI student) cut me off :argh: . He turned right onto the road crossing 2 lanes of traffic into the far left lane that I was in. All I could do was slam on my brakes and pray. Noticeing that I was gonna plow into him, I had no choice but to make a hard left jumping the curb. The guy had to have saw me, because he drove away real slow while still holding the brakes. I ended up halfway in the median and halfway on the road, laying frame on the curb. Giveing it gas just resulted in alot of flying dirt on my drivers side, and tire smoke from my pass. side :burnout:. Since this happened as school was letting out, about 7 of my friends stopped to help push me off the curb after sitting there for aver 20 minutes. I was really luckey, because the only damage was a bent wheel, a trashed tire, and the inner fender was conpletly ripped out. I am fine, but I can promise the other guy will be if I find out who he is :guns: .

I plan on sending the wheel back to BS to have it rehooped, but I have also been thinking about send a 2nd one and getting it widened to 10". If Yall were in my shoes, what would yall do?

Heres the rim, sorry for the big pic. Im not in the mood to resize it.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
thats really shitty man.

Find that guy and have a good "talk" with him :ninja:

This could be a great time to upgrade to some 22's :imo

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
:pow: :ninja: damn thats messed up that he is a dumbazz :evil: Sorry bout ur rim.........if ya dont mind not rotating ur tires then go 10" :bowtie:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Sorry to see that happened to you Austin. Been there, done that. It sucks but it wasn't your fault and crap happens. Everything will be ok in the end though. The 9.5/10's would be sweet out back too :D

Good luck getting everything worked out!

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
bigger is better right?

as far as re-hooping... i messed up my wheel hardly a month after i got them on, took it to a guy in town and when i got it back, it was like new.

I would try to ask around and see if there is someone in town that does some really good wheel repairs, even go to where you bought the wheels and ask them, they would know. :imo

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
slamdfullsize said:
bigger is better right?

as far as re-hooping... i messed up my wheel hardly a month after i got them on, took it to a guy in town and when i got it back, it was like new.

I would try to ask around and see if there is someone in town that does some really good wheel repairs, even go to where you bought the wheels and ask them, they would know. :imo
Ya know finding someone local might be a good idea. I know you work at discount and all, but if noone there knows of anyone call Joel at TX House of Dubs. 713-864-3829. He hooked me up when my wheels needed to be fixed and repolished.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
that sucks, you need to order yourself some tires like mine so you dont do it again! :crazy:

·
Third Member
94 Posts
Ill give you a hand finding this guy Austin :crazy:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
ok since i actually have a 10inch wide rear... i wouldn't do it if you ever plan on getting bagged... Its just way too wide of a tire IMO. Its pretty much the size of the fender. I rub pretty badly in the rear when i drive with any body roll. I am actually thinking about going to a 8inch wide rear tire soon.

oh and yea... that sucks man... i would just tel lthat guy he was a dumbass for doing something like that. If i had done that to you, i definitely would have stuck around to help you/pay for the damages to your rim... But if it had been in my dad's van, that mother fucker would have had a 1991 chevy astro van in the back of his car :D

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
damn austin, do like i told you last night, and get them to make a different backspace, and lift that POS!

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I still havent decided if I want to rehoop them or not. In a way I want more meat out back for when the engine goes in. But also the money that I would spend on the hoops and new tires need to go towards a built tranny. Most likely I just get the rim bent back and be on my merry way.

Hey mike, I'll prolly give Joel a call in the next few days. Where is House of Dubs located?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
01GMC said:
Off topic but who. I would love to have the back sides of mine polished out.
Not sure who he uses. I dropped my wheels off he dismounted the tires, sent the wheels off the screwed up one was stripped, fixed and repolished and the other 3 wheels were stripped and repolished, than HoD remounted my tires. It wasn't cheap though....think i paid $572 for everything.

Austin, they're at 202 N. Loop 610 (yale Exit)

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
someone made me swerve over a curb a few days ago... thank god for my 275/45's though.. no damage but i was still pissed

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.