GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
18" lift Kit came in today. Man what alot of steel. A jillion pieces. 7 boxes weighing in at 409 pounds total. A grocery bag full of nuts, bolts, heims. Any help with this I'll take. Beer is on me. First I have to get it powdercoated though, to match my "Ambiguous" paint job. LOL Pics of the progress to follow. Oh, and a picture of speaker box for the bed, not finished with it yet. Have to build the boxes for the mids, and kegs, Yes KEGS, God I love beer!!!

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Feel like driving to texas? :anitoof: Ill help ya get the bitch on next weekend if ya do! That is a huge ass IFS lift!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
jimsbadchevy said:
18" lift Kit came in today. Man what alot of steel. A jillion pieces. 7 boxes weighing in at 409 pounds total. A grocery bag full of nuts, bolts, heims. Any help with this I'll take. Beer is on me. First I have to get it powdercoated though, to match my "Ambiguous" paint job. LOL Pics of the progress to follow. Oh, and a picture of speaker box for the bed, not finished with it yet. Have to build the boxes for the mids, and kegs, Yes KEGS, God I love beer!!!

Lets see if these come out larger. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
That's gonna be a big bitch.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dark Eternal said:
Feel like driving to texas? :anitoof: Ill help ya get the bitch on next weekend if ya do! That is a huge ass IFS lift!

I'm afraid I would get pulled over for being overweight at the scales with the two lift kits, and the two sets of tires. LOL Besides It's off to get powdercoated and we should be puttinit on next weekend. My wife (J.J) and the kids are going to Granny's in Dallas while I do it, I think.

·
6,656 Posts
Haha thats kinda ironic, im here in Dallas. What color are you having it coated?

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
What brand kit is that? I've never seen an 18" kit before. :anitoof: And yeah.... thats gonna be a big ass truck.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dark Eternal said:
Haha thats kinda ironic, im here in Dallas. What color are you having it coated?

Not sure yet. I'm leaning towards the pewter color, but hell, I don't know. Need to see what colors the place has.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grant said:
What brand kit is that? I've never seen an 18" kit before. :anitoof: And yeah.... thats gonna be a big ass truck.

It's the Truckin Suspension kit. I was kind of leary of it at first, but now that I got to look at it real close, it's pretty damn good and strong. Some heavy ass steel and quality welding on it. SEMA gave it an award this year for something or other.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
:head: Awesome :head:

Man that is going to look good, I cant wait to see it installed.

BD

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Y2KSierra said:
:head2: Awesome! :head2:

You still thinking of coming to the arkansas meet?

If we can get everything done, and my wife is up to it. If I do, I'll have to trailer it there. It will be just alittle over the lift height here, which is 27" to the front bumper. I'll probably be over that by 2 feet, give or take. :anitoof:
Our laws here suck. Give me my TEXAS or give me death, I say.

·
5.5MPG!!!!!!!All Day Long
123 Posts
damn.......that is gonna be one huge bitch!

·
Registered
199 Posts
jimsbadchevy said:
Not sure yet. I'm leaning towards the pewter color, but hell, I don't know. Need to see what colors the place has.
Hey Jim,

I am looking into doing the same on the CST lift kit for my 01 Z71. I was just wondering what is involved in getting this done. Do you have to have the parts stripped of their original paint? Are you doing your rear springs? I am considering doing the LCAs, the TBs, the rear springs and maybe the rear axle in addition to the kit parts. Because I am going to take my truck off road, I am thinking about using some type of spray on like Line-X. I have heard of powder coating "popping" off on rigs that see the trail. Any thoughts on this?

·
6,656 Posts
Anything like springs, torsion bars etc... it will chip off of. The powdercoating is a hard coat and will chip away in flex. The best way to have it done is to have the old srtuff baked off and then the new baked on. Search powdercoating in your local yellow pages.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
01Z71GMC said:
Hey Jim,

I am looking into doing the same on the CST lift kit for my 01 Z71. I was just wondering what is involved in getting this done. Do you have to have the parts stripped of their original paint? Are you doing your rear springs? I am considering doing the LCAs, the TBs, the rear springs and maybe the rear axle in addition to the kit parts. Because I am going to take my truck off road, I am thinking about using some type of spray on like Line-X. I have heard of powder coating "popping" off on rigs that see the trail. Any thoughts on this?

Has to be totally raw steel, paint or old p-c can baked, sandblasted, or acidized off, tour choice. Its tuff as hell, but will flake when it gets twisted.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts