GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its not a gm but this board used to be my home so i figured id show you what ive been up to

i went last sunday
only problem was the front u-joint on my front shaft, broke it while pulling a dead full size bronco out of the woods, fixed it and was on my way

anyway, here are pics ive found of me, i was the trail leader so that why most of the pics are of my lovely ass

loaded up ready to go, ya i know the dodge needs a wash
1086.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

30.jpg

this is the hole that i swamped in when my rig was stock, i inched it and found it wicked deep so i backed out
9.jpg

4.jpg

more pics of me and a few that my buddy took are in here
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/wheelingpictures/mabell 4-29-07/

·
Registered
370 Posts
sweet pics and a badass rig

i cant wait till i can get a new trk, so i can beat my current trk like a red-headed step-child....on the trails. until then, ill be watching and learning

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that thing on a Comanche unit body frame or is it just a comanche body on something else?
yes it is a mj
mj's have a unibody under the cab and a unibody/frame section behind the cab because the bed was designed to be removable

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Sa-weet

·
Registered
318 Posts
looks good, i noticed the plate on the back??? I know theres no way that thing passed our wonderfull inspection, so is it "on the road" or what? I still need to stop by sometime and check it out...

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
i love that rig....always wanted to see bigger pics of it

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks good, i noticed the plate on the back??? I know theres no way that thing passed our wonderfull inspection, so is it "on the road" or what? I still need to stop by sometime and check it out...
haha
no it doesnt have a current inspection, but the plates are real so that i could carry insurance incase anything ever happened
it also lets me drive it for short distances on the street incase the parking isnt at the trail head, not that i couldnt get sited for major violations but atleast it cant get impounded for driving without tags
you are welcome to come by anytime

and thanks for all your comments guys

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
boooooooo :imo

:kidding: Derek, looks like a knarly rig

·
Registered
318 Posts
haha
no it doesnt have a current inspection, but the plates are real so that i could carry insurance incase anything ever happened
it also lets me drive it for short distances on the street incase the parking isnt at the trail head, not that i couldnt get sited for major violations but atleast it cant get impounded for driving without tags
you are welcome to come by anytime

and thanks for all your comments guys
Ever have a problem with revoking your registration because you havent gotten it inspected? Im not positive but ive heard they can do it. Never seen it done either. I work at a station and i thought i heard that rumor floating around. Or maybe something like when you go to renew it you wouldnt be able to??? I dont know...

Are any of the trials you go on with Freedom novice level or something i could do in my truck. Im getting sick of the mud, looking for more of just trails but i took a ride by one i used to go to and now its posted. I would think about joining if it would be worth it for me. Right now my truck has a 3inch body lift with 295's (33.4x11.6ish) my wheel base is 141.5(i beleive) kinda long for some of the trials from the looks of the site.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ever have a problem with revoking your registration because you havent gotten it inspected? Im not positive but ive heard they can do it. Never seen it done either. I work at a station and i thought i heard that rumor floating around. Or maybe something like when you go to renew it you wouldnt be able to??? I dont know...

Are any of the trials you go on with Freedom novice level or something i could do in my truck. Im getting sick of the mud, looking for more of just trails but i took a ride by one i used to go to and now its posted. I would think about joining if it would be worth it for me. Right now my truck has a 3inch body lift with 295's (33.4x11.6ish) my wheel base is 141.5(i beleive) kinda long for some of the trials from the looks of the site.
we do have easier runs some months
i guess a truck could make it, but i doubt it comes out in the shape it went in
check out the site
www.freedomtrailriders.org

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
sweet pics derek. i imagine you got all your engine problems worked out.

i cant wait to get my truck built so i can hit some trails

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya actually it was the tranny that was fucked
swap it out now it runs tits

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ya but my becam a trail rig when i was ready for it to
not when i rolled it

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Always nice to see some wheeling on this site.... Looks like a great time, do you have any future plans/upgrades for your rig or are you just going to try and enjoy being able to finally wheel it for a while?

What are the specs on that Green Grand in the link you posted?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts