GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to start saving......and when summer rolls around and maybe sooner im going to start working on my older truck.....its a 1992 GMC Sierra RCSB with the 5.7 350 TBI.....im planning on having some fun with it come summer......i know htere have been a few TBI posts in here so far, but i would like to know what some of you guys have done to yours...sorry to ask again....i just really am thinking about doing this now...cause i dont want to work on my new truck cause of the warranty.......

·
Wal-mart sucks
30 Posts
pacesetter shorty headers (they suck ass, i wouldn't recommend them to anyone)

phenolic TBI spacer (also a POS, i got it off ebay, didn't fit right, had to drill it and massage it into place)

K&N drop in air filter, definately a decent mod. Later on i tihnk i'm going to go with an open air element and cowl hood though.

I took the "air silencer" box out and replaced it with a straight piece of 4" sewer pipe and two fernco pipe clamps

flowmaster 40 series original muffler, catback system

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I have a 93 GMC 350/700R4 with a TB spacer, injector spacers, MSD coil, 8.5mm wires, open air 14" filter, 40 series flow, turndown, and maybe a chip( I havent looked since I got it but it runs like crap on 87 octane and shifts hard). If I had the cash to do I would love to do some Vortech heads, the Vortech TBI intake, Vortech chip to let it all work, larger TBI, adjustable FPR, and some matched injectors(new), and some headers. That should get me around another 75-90+ hp. I hear the heads alone are 40hp, the TBI and injectors can get you like 20-25, headers are around 10-15hp, adjustable FPR can get you 15hp(depends on the stock conditions), and the chips good for a few extra

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well what models and shit are u all running....and whats the best place to get these things....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts