GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a good deal on a pro comp 7 1/2" lift with shocks for about 1g for my 04 silverado 1500 2wd non hd. will i have no trouble fitting a 35/12.5/18 toyo mt? how much would a local suspension garage charge for installing this on my application... thanks alot. btw i plan on finding some guys and installing this shit myself, i have no money for install after wheels/ tires lol. wanna get the lift on be4 summer

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Don't you have a v6? your definetly going to need to regear that thing if you do. Shops around here would charge around 500-700 for install on the lift. It's not hard to do it yourself though.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well if i dont regear whats the worse that would happen... it would just be slow as fuck rite? and doesnt a regear cost like $1000?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
7.5 on a 2wd? It will be close but if it does rub just start cutting away. If you don't regear and have a V6 I feel sorry for your motor and tranny.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
u may need a coil spacer for the extra room up front but it will look just right IMO.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
well if i dont regear whats the worse that would happen... it would just be slow as fuck rite? and doesnt a regear cost like $1000?
Yeah its going to be slow....and like mentioned above...hard as shit on your tranny. I think it should be around 500-600 to regear your truck.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
then i will definately regear and get a nelson tune at the same time. would i be alright to dd it a cpl months be4 regearing? and what size gears would be best for me?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
then i will definately regear and get a nelson tune at the same time. would i be alright to dd it a cpl months be4 regearing? and what size gears would be best for me?
You will be fine for a little while, just dont get on it hard all the time....4.56 gears are what you need to turn those 35s

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
It's gonna be slow as shit and place a big strain on your 4l60e. Leave it in 3rd all the time and go slowly from a stoplight.

You don't have a tranny gauge to watch but its gonna get HOT if you don't regear and heat is the trannies worst enemy

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
I ran 4.10's with 40's for 3k miles and it was fine but I only drive like twenty minutes at a time. It strains on the freeway and that was all

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fuck. then i'll just regear now and buy the lift and everything next month. where do i get my truck regeared?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I am also lifting my 04 silverado. I used to have a 4/8 drop on it and now i am going with the camburg 6.5 performace lift kit for the front and deaver 4 inch lift springs in the back. The hardest part is getting the spring to go back in but with the right tools its not too bad.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
does this look like the right ring&pinion kit to get?
GM 8.5in. 10 Bolt 4.56 Ring And Pinion Set; Limited Lifetime Warranty; Forged 8620 Steel; Heat Treated; Shot Peened; Will Fit 8.6 With 35-2022 Master Kit; Will Not Fit 2.56 Carrier

4wheels parts has it for $150. how much u think they'll charge for install? will i need to get a tune, after regear and lift/tires ?
i will just do it all at once, in about a month or so. just trying to gather up as much info i can because i barely know anything about this stuff and im trying to save as much money as i can. thanks

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
does this look like the right ring&pinion kit to get?
GM 8.5in. 10 Bolt 4.56 Ring And Pinion Set; Limited Lifetime Warranty; Forged 8620 Steel; Heat Treated; Shot Peened; Will Fit 8.6 With 35-2022 Master Kit; Will Not Fit 2.56 Carrier

4wheels parts has it for $150. how much u think they'll charge for install? will i need to get a tune, after regear and lift/tires ?
i will just do it all at once, in about a month or so. just trying to gather up as much info i can because i barely know anything about this stuff and im trying to save as much money as i can. thanks
Ok tell me how much money you have to spend, what kind of driving you do. And how you will use the truck. And i will try my best to help you

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok tell me how much money you have to spend, what kind of driving you do. And how you will use the truck. And i will try my best to help you
I live in the city of Los Angeles. Ive always wanted a lifted truck. I got the v6, unfortunately, about 3 years ago. i want a lift around 6 or 7 inches, enuf so i can run some 35 with 18" gunners. im trying to buy everything piece by piece, as in gears + lift now. then in about a month when i get the money i will get em installed and drive over to the tire shop where ill have my wheels and tires mounted. im looking to spend no more than $4000 total after install on everything. i found a 7" procomp for 1g with shocks. i really wanna get it. i drive daily back and forth to the beach and a little highway. no more than 30 minutes freeway at a time, unless im going somewhere far. i dont offroad at all for there is no offroading in my area. to be honest im not getting lift so i can offroad it, like i said, ive just always wanted a lifted silverado since i was like 13. now im 20 and it still aint lifted. tell me everything u can that would help. w/o you guys i wouldn't have shit on my truck, and i really appreciate the knowledge you guys share with a guy like me. i want it lifted this summer, i cant wait much longer. thanks

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thats what i was afraid of. i dont want to have to go through all the troubles of selling my truck and buying a new one. its just too much of a hassle.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts