GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going with a Pro Comp 6" lift that I will be ordering this weekend along with a set of rims from 4WP. I have a few things I want to double check before I go.

I'm not going with dual shock hoops right now because they are not as important as other things that I need to get like, rims, tires, etc.

Here we go again.

1) I know I can install the dual shock hoops later on, but will I need an alignment if I do buy and install them later on?

2) When I install them later on can I run reservoir shocks in the hoop and just run the standard shocks at the bottom and in the rear?

3) What size rims should I run 16x8, or 16x10?

4) What backspacing do I need?

Now for me to answer that inevitable question. Why not CST?

Well the CST kit is just a little expensive for a 6" lift :imo Especially since I don’t think it will hold up any better than the PC kit for what I will be using it for.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Silverado said:
1) I know I can install the dual shock hoops later on, but will I need an alignment if I do buy and install them later on?
Nope
Silverado said:
2) When I install them later on can I run reservoir shocks in the hoop and just run the standard shocks at the bottom and in the rear?
Yes
Silverado said:
3) What size rims should I run 16x8, or 16x10?
16x10 IMO
Silverado said:
4) What backspacing do I need?
any backspacing will work with the procomp, I recomend about 4.5"

·
[>
3,255 Posts
:word: Everything DE said x2

PC's dual hoop keeps the factory UCA so you really dont take anything apart to install it. CST on the otherhand would need to be re aligned because they use a Tubular UCA that takes the place of the stocker.

16x10 IMO.. I like the look of a wider wheel on a lifted truck. Gives it a better stance IMO. Any wheel around 4.5" BS is about right.

PC makes a nice kit, you should be happy. Cant wait to see the pics :rocking:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will a 16x10 and a 35" tire stick out past the fenders, I dont want to put mudfalps on. CHP enforces that out here. :anitoof:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
16x8 should tuck nicely. i like the CST personally, but the PC was my second choice, and next the cognito 7".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts