GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, with the truck lower i'm having growing pains with parking the truck and not going over the cement parking blocks.... my air dam is starting to look a little crappy, but hey, its just giving me a reason to change my bumper...

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
I had the same problem, until I ripped it off so many time I couldnt rig it up enough to hold it back on. I got another airdam, and surprisingly, I havent curbed it one single time.

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
1,214 Posts
VicRed, did you paint your factory grille shell or buy a fiberglass 1?

My bumper cover lays a little lower than the stock airdam, and for sticky back tape and 4 screws, i cant believe it is still on there. If i ripped it off i would die. Jake

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
It is a Z71 Tahoe grille shell that was repainted red.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
After the 4/6 is done I have the same problem. Oh well if the dam air dam gets ruined I'll have to start looking in to buying stock in them. LOL

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
the first time i ripped off my air damn, i broke a fog light braket, it cost me like 80 bucks to buy the stupid assembly. And yes, that was from a dealership. I'm missing a bunch of the screws on it too. I've dragged it, ripped it off and god knows what else with it. It kindof fits still.

anyone know how much a new one costs?

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
I have never had a problem with tearing mine off , I think I hit my tow hooks first ... :devil2:

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
I had the guy at the tint shop rip mine off. They had big azz curbs, and it was either pull over or stick out in the street. I should have chose the street :insane: He said when he backed out my truck, he heard it and thought he hit someone. Then we just rigged it back on and that was the first/cant say it wont be the last tho :read: :insane: :LOL:

·
Registered
397 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
the first time i ripped off my air damn, i broke a fog light braket, it cost me like 80 bucks to buy the stupid assembly. And yes, that was from a dealership. I'm missing a bunch of the screws on it too. I've dragged it, ripped it off and god knows what else with it. It kindof fits still.

anyone know how much a new one costs?
Which side you need I have a new bracket and a good-as-new foglight

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I don't have that problem that much with mine. The 03 GMC airdam's sit higher for some reason. I'm pretty sure I will when I put the Denali clip on!!

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Ripping off your airdam with a 2/4? C'mon...there's no excuse for that. You gotta find a HUGE curb to scrape anything with a 2/4. :LOL:

I've smashed my airdam once, but it's never even come close to ripping off. You just gotta adjust your driving style. :read:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
LowBlue02 said:
Ripping off your airdam with a 2/4? C'mon...there's no excuse for that. You gotta find a HUGE curb to scrape anything with a 2/4. :LOL:

I've smashed my airdam once, but it's never even come close to ripping off. You just gotta adjust your driving style. :read:
hey its possible, and i'm asian. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LowBlue02 said:

you obviously have never been to Tucson, and it is very possible.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts