GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this is gmfs but we are tradin my girlfriends 04 sxt neon for a 02 grand cherokee limited. i am lookin to get her a small lift to clear 31's and was curious if you guys got any sugestions, i will post pics 2morrow when we get it here. also is there any goodies for the 4.7 ho in these trucks? i know cai, and ehaust, just wonerin if i should just stop there since it's her dd, i wanted to put 33" iroks on 20's but she said she dont want it that big! dammit!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I've been looking at Jeep lifts a lot lately...... my sister has a grand and one of my best friends has an xj that we just put a 5.5" Rubicon Express LA on, and she rubs BAD with 33x12.50s on x10s. It's suprising how much lift you need to clear tires, for 31s iirc you need about 3.5-4" of lift...... Anything much past that and you get into trouble with the slip yoke in the rear, which is another 3-400 bucks for a SYE and CV shaft.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
If you want 31s, just get a 2"BB with new shocks and you can clear 31s on the stock wheels. A "BB" is a budget boost that consisits of 2" poly spacers that go between the springs and the body...most kits come with longer bumpstops and some come w/ shocks. Check out www.nagca.com for alot more info on what you can do to it. But Casey is right, you have to add alot of lift for smaller tires...I want 33s on my ZJ but I have to lift it 4-5" to fit them and will still have to trim.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Yeah, he's got great stuff, I like the spring retainers on his spacer kits...btw, you don't *need* new shocks, espcially if it's a street queen.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
def. a treet queen, i just wanted to get her a little higher off the ground and not be so me too! plus we live in the country and need a 4 wheel drive if it ever snows bad. big if there! i got a good price on some 33-13.5-20" iroks that i think would be killer lookin in there, but i think i will prob. be puttin on some 31-10.50's on the fact. 17's brob. bfg's or maybe if i can talk her into it mud grapplers

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
is this on a wrangler? i thought you could clear 33's on a wrangler easy. I went mudding with two Rubicon's yesterday. Those things are AMAZING!!!! Dana 44's locking front and rear. Those things tear it up. He had a sticker that said, Stop, Lock, And Roll

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Nope, '02 Grand Cherokee (WJ). Wranglers are on a whole different level when it comes to fitting tires.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i had 37" ssrs on my jeep. its a 89 yj with a axle flip and 2" shackles, and i am now runnin 35" boggers but it did better on the ssr's it just dont have the power to clean the boggers out, plus i have already broke 2 axle shafts! damn dana 35's. oh well i had fun dion it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you want 31s, just get a 2"BB with new shocks and you can clear 31s on the stock wheels. A "BB" is a budget boost that consisits of 2" poly spacers that go between the springs and the body...most kits come with longer bumpstops and some come w/ shocks. Check out www.nagca.com for alot more info on what you can do to it. But Casey is right, you have to add alot of lift for smaller tires...I want 33s on my ZJ but I have to lift it 4-5" to fit them and will still have to trim.
x2 on the BB.

Check out MallCrawlin forum to see what other ZJ and WJ owners have done.

Also, check out Rusty's Offroad.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i found a 4" with new upper and lower control arms plus all the componets, i am gonna run that and prob 31's on the factories as they are polished and dont look bad and all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts