GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Dude
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your guys thoughts on Jensen stuff? A guy I work with has a VM9311 that he is selling for 2 and a half. For those who don't know it is the DVD with 7" screen. Anyway I knew that Jensen used to be pretty shady some years ago, but was wondering if they got any better. It seems like a decent deal on the thing and I'd like to start piecing together a system for the truck. Let me know what you guys think. I've been out of audio for some time and don't know where to start. I do know that I am completely dissatisfied with the BOSE setup I currently have.

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
i had that unit in my suburban, i paid $350 for it, i loved it at that price, for $250 i would buy ! it is a great deck, packs a large bang for the buck

im not gona lie, i have an avic d3 in my new car and its a LOT cooler lol.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
What are your guys thoughts on Jensen stuff? A guy I work with has a VM9311 that he is selling for 2 and a half. For those who don't know it is the DVD with 7" screen. Anyway I knew that Jensen used to be pretty shady some years ago, but was wondering if they got any better. It seems like a decent deal on the thing and I'd like to start piecing together a system for the truck. Let me know what you guys think. I've been out of audio for some time and don't know where to start. I do know that I am completely dissatisfied with the BOSE setup I currently have.
I have one as well. I wouldn't give $250 for it if its already used. Jensen doesn't make top of the line, durable electronics:imo After having mine for two months or so, the display button pushed into the headunit and got stuck. I fixed it but the only thing that those buttons are held in by is a piece of foam glued behind the button. As far as function, they're not bad if all youre wanting is an indash and not some kind of competition stereo. I have mine and I hardly ever use it. I'd be willing to let it go cheaper than the $250 you're going to pay. PM me if you're interested.:shake:

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
if they make a flip out thats cheaper than some single-din non-screen HUs, that should probably tell you something. It goes for almost any electronics though really. Like when you have a section of 32" LCDs and all but one are $1000+ and you have the one polaroid thats $599... its not because its better than the other tvs. But we sell a TON of those cheap ass jensen flip outs, and its because of the price. They look like shit, they are shit, the interface looks like shit, but people just want as flip out to say they have one.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Id rather drop the 250$ into a NICE headunit that didnt' do any of that extra crap.

·
GMFS Member
913 Posts
buy a panasonic 7" flip out off ebay.. lists for around $500 great head unit I love mine

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
buy a panasonic 7" flip out off ebay.. lists for around $500 great head unit I love mine
got a panasonic dd for 400 dollars shipped off ebay factory refurb which means hey its new and has what ever fucks up on them repaired already

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
I thought the same way these guys are taking about jensen till i got my deck VM9311, I bought it to use till i can buy a nicer deck but i really like it and have no need to upgrade.

·
The Dude
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've decided not to buy it from him. Partly due to everybody's thoughts, but mostly because of all the extra shit I would need to but for it to work right. Onstar interface, XM interface, door chime and steering wheel control interface.

·
bombs on target
3,016 Posts
any aftermarket deck is going to need those things. just do like i did...i just looked for the wiring harnesses cheaper (ebay or someone selling them)and when i found them i put them in.

·
The Dude
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any aftermarket deck is going to need those things. just do like i did...i just looked for the wiring harnesses cheaper (ebay or someone selling them)and when i found them i put them in.
True, but it's just more of a headache than I'm willing to deal with right now. I'll just stick with the stocker and maybe throw in some subs, just something that sounds a little better than what I have now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts