GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
50% on the windshield.

Replaced the front door speakers since po installed some cheap scosche speakers, i replaced them with 6.5 focal ca1. I didn't do sound deadener yet I'm waiting to get a center console and carpet before i do that.

Next i tackled the front shocks, everytime i hit an expansion joint on the bridge near my job. The truck would dip up and down, you would have thought i was hitting switches. Well i found why, the fronts were blown just like the rear. First pic is the stocks fully extended next to the fox 2.0's and the second pic is the stock stuck fully collapsed needless to say they're still collapsed.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Did a little fb marketplace browsing this am and found these 16x8 weld typhoons for $220. I’m not sure of the entire specs of the wheels I’m still trying to find that out, I’m going to pick a set of the 2in push thru weld caps of summit racing. But I’m going to work on them while I’m piecing the suspension pieces which is just spindles and ucas now.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
After owning the truck for about a month I’ve managed to gather all the parts I needed to lift and rebuild the front suspension.
Fronts component list:
4in cst spindles
1in belltech spacer
New ac delco front springs to correct the lean on the driver side.
cognito uca’s w/ kryptonite ball joints
Kryptonite hubs
New ac delco Lca’s
Kryptonite tie rod sleeves, and ac delco tre’s
Dirt king alignment cams
Fox 2.0’s shocks
For now the rear components are:
Cst 3in blocks
Cst 2.0 shocks
Eventually plan on replacing the rear Leaf springs and bushings. I should be receiving the parts I dropped for powder coating this week.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Also I picked a set of 18x10 cheyenne’s after I found the stamping on the typhoons and they were 15x8 and not 16x8. Cheyenne’s are going to need a lot of work since they were chrome plated and the chrome has a lot of pitting. The lady bought them from lived near the beach.

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,611 Posts
You can probably strip the chrome and polish them out. Or get them rechromed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,611 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Been following on Instagram. Nice build!
Thanks @SierraScott it’s coming along pretty good. But there’s still a ton things I need to do to it

Just buy ss braided lines right away. They are cheaper than the rubber lines too.
The funny thing is I almost bought them when I was ordering all the other stuff, I just figured the stock one would still be alright.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Before and after. I have a small list of things that I still need to address and the suspension will be completely done.
  • getting rid of the lowering shackles in favor of stock shackles. To get rid of the lean.
  • found out one of cst rear shocks is blown, so now do I get it rebuild, or get fox’s to match the front or Bilstein.

If any one has a pair of stock shackles that they are willing to part with let me know I need a set.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Can't wait to see the welds on it. Makes me want a nbs rcsb
Well I have bad news the Cheyenne’s I had were chrome and had a ton of pitting so I just sold them. But once I get the last couple of suspension items ironed out I will begin my search for welds. The truck below is what I want mine look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Alright all suspension work is done now, 5in lift in the front and 3in in the rear. Had to order a set of fox shocks for an f150 for the rear and switch out the bushings and sleeves since fox doesn’t make anything for Gm’s outside of 1in of lift.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts