GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could have sworn I seen a thread about this awhile back but I couldn't find it on the search. I just took out my DD dvd system and switched back to stock because i got tired of screwing with everything everytime something went wrong. Does anyone have this system installed? I read over JL's site and I dont know what all i need. the cl441dsp is the main unit, then do i need the other adaptors to run my ipod also?

I have woofer setup that i want to get installed, all the wiring is ran, just need to find something to make it sound good. I have a LOC but i hate the way they sound. any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did some more research. Everyone says a LOC will do the best job for the cheapest with the bose system, but my stereo is not bose. Is anyone just running a regular Line-out Converter with good results? I hate muddy sounding base and if thats what im going to get with a LOC im going to have to go another route. Im stumped.

·
Iron Block LS2
192 Posts
Well the whole idea behind the Cleansweep is the fact that it takes the Low Mid & High (PRESET) EQ setting built into the radio and flattens it. As long as there arent separate speakers, ie: tweeters and mids, on separate channels, then you dont need any additional parts. Just hook up to the speaker outputs of the radio and calibrate and if you get all green lights then your good to go.

Even with Bose, you shouldnt need any additional parts.

The idea behind the LOC's is to separate the Lows Mids & highs to the Cleansweep. But they do make a signal summing devise for that same reason. The LOC's are a cheaper way to go but it is more work then the signal summing piece.

Hope this helps you out.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
the problem with just using a LOC is that the stock radios have a bass eq built-in that limits the amount of bass the radio will put out at higher levels so you dont blow your stock speakers. With something like a RE6 or Cleansweep, or 360 they want you to put the radio at a preclipping level then usually use their volume control to keep the radios eq from readjusting at different levels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts