GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have one of these mounted in a NBS regular cab?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody at all?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks for the info Demon. Which 10" sub would you suggest then?

·
Registered
820 Posts
My fault Demon I didn't even notice that he said regular cab. I don't know anything about those M6's, But i know for a fact that the Kicker L7's kick ass.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DemoN said:
obviously, i'm a fan of the DA M6. i also like the ID v3s, DA CM3, treo TSX, and kicker L7.
What are the depths of these subs? Would they fit in a reg cab? Also, what do you guys think about the Phoenix Gold Titanium 10"? I found them for only $70 each.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Matt said:
you should talk to Slvrpismochevy96. he just bought the pioneer premier 12s that are only 4" deep. i think you could prob fit that behind your seat and not loose ANY legroom. i dunno how they sound though, so you will probably need to ask around.
He was telling me that he heard them in a truck and they sound really good. I think at the most he's going to loose one notch if even that. he should probably have them in sometime next week

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is the depth on the Image Dynamics V3 10"?

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'd go with the JL Audio 10W0. Thats what i'm running in my reg cab. I built a custom box to where it doesn't even affect the fold-up center console and I didn't lose any legroom, and it hits as hard or harder than all the other subs i've had (Rockford Fosgate 10 and 12 HE, 12 HX2, and 10 HE2). It's also a lot cheaper and doesn't require as much power to push it, so you don't have to go buy an expensive amp.

sub1.gif

sub2.jpg

sub3.gif

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could you fit 10" ID V3's in a reg cab?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would have to second the Diamond Audio M6 sub. They are awesome and have so much better build quality than the Kicker subs and have MUCH better SQ than the Kickers. GO DA MAN,
Let me know if ya need some I got em!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
All this talk of 10" and 12" subs... Is that kind of displacement really necessary with the small air space of a regular cab? I have a hard time believing that a single 12" sub in a regular cab produces natural sound... By natural, I mean how the artist envisioned their music sounding - well, unless it's some rapper or something...

I can't stand rap music... Do not understand overpowering bass... I just like nice solid and crisp sound.

All that said, here is the box I am building for my regular cab. It will hold four downward firing JL Audio 6w0s...

Attachments

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
I've heard some 8's that sounded like 12's .. you don't have to have a big sub to have big sounds, I've also heard four 6x9s that would make almost anyone smile, they rocked pretty hard :rocking:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now i'm starting to get mixed opinions. I think i'm just gonna find me a nice 10.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Im with RyanC

i want to build a down firing box that will hold two JLAudio 8W6. now im thinking of making it 4.......if i can. and yeah later when i have more $$$$$ upgrade to the latest version of the JL Audio 8" subs.

one question....
will the down firing box help the sound -- sound clearer vs. the sub facing the back of the seat????? Need as much info you guys can give.....

thanx!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts