GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shop next door to my mechanic has been working on this truck thought I would post some pics.
100_0611.jpg

100_0612.jpg

100_0620.jpg

100_0613.jpg

100_0616.jpg

100_0618.jpg

100_0619.jpg

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, could be a good looking truck. Interesting setup out back, anymore pics?
Couldnt really get much better view of the rear...its basically like the fbi 2 link that gives better articulation but still has pinion angle issues...centering involved a strack bar that is welded from one side to the other...and the tank is a huge bow tie shaped thing that sits in the bed behind the axle.

·
concrete redneck
1,923 Posts
and they will run forever. i had one in my old c-10, the truck sat for 3 yrs before i got it. oil change, new points, wires and fuel filter and it ran so smooth you could sit a cup of water on the top and it wouldn't even fall off.

·
Fat Ginger Kid
2,896 Posts
With a nice paint job and a standard four link out back, it could look awesome. And :word: on that I6, it looks wicked there.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
i love the stance of that truck but there's way to many thing i dislike. the wheels, the 2 link, the shock positioning, and it bugs me that no one deals with the hood hinge issues right away.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i love the stance of that truck but there's way to many thing i dislike. the wheels, the 2 link, the shock positioning, and it bugs me that no one deals with the hood hinge issues right away.
Actually its at that shop for handle and drip rail shave...now they are in process of doing the forward tilting hood thats why it wasn't off there...yeh there alot of issues I saw like 1/2 line and valves with no reducers, the system doesnt stay filled for more than 15 minutes, the gas tank is a huge bowe tie and sits in the bed behind the axle and is pretty much an eye soar.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
I don't think those c-10s get bad pinion angles because they have a 2 pc driveline that arcs at the same point as the 2link. That's the way my 68 is. I like the strait 6. My old 64 had one and would be perfect for cruising low.

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
badassed!!!

Nothing wrong with an I6 for crusing. It reminds me of a truck built by a guy from 67-72chevytruck.com, member name: n2billet...

Lucy...

DSC01028.jpg

DSC00567.jpg

DSC00565_detail.jpg

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
im so building a old c10 for a bagged ride

·
i always catch you hatin'
606 Posts
inline 6 FTL.....

hey man ive had two 250s and i loved the shit outta them, plus lookit all that room he has under the hood even when layed, my 81 had enough room to ride someone under the hood.....plus it sounded sweet when i cut the cat and muffler off......

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Actually its at that shop for handle and drip rail shave...now they are in process of doing the forward tilting hood thats why it wasn't off there...yeh there alot of issues I saw like 1/2 line and valves with no reducers, the system doesnt stay filled for more than 15 minutes, the gas tank is a huge bowe tie and sits in the bed behind the axle and is pretty much an eye soar.
Well lit sounds like he's fixing it up. Hopefully he continues to fix it up. That truck has some serious promise with some tlc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts