GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Go Gators!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as some of yall know I traded in my 02 Silvy on 36's for a new fully loaded Sierra 1500 Z71. I originally wanted the Vortec Max and we found one but it was totalled during a test drive so we spent all day looking around Texas for one and finally found one on a dealers site and we made the deal. Had no idea it came with these 20" wheels already plus it had some 305 Terra Grapplers on it and fully dark tinted windows on all the windows. Its a little to blingy for me especially compared to what I used to have but I dont want to put a bunch of money into it right now until I get my fourwheeler done so heres just a few pics I snapped while I was taking pics of some things I am selling in the for sale section off the old truck. I will get more pics as soon as I can of the interior and everything else. Let me know what yall think.

Picture016-1.jpg

Picture015-1.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Kyle

·
Your Neighborhood Jeweler
1,166 Posts
how bad did they get you for trade in value on your truck if you don't mind me askin? I went to get a quote on trading mine in and they told me like $14k with the lift and tires and I told them that they could sit on it and rotate!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
how bad did they get you for trade in value on your truck if you don't mind me askin? I went to get a quote on trading mine in and they told me like $14k with the lift and tires and I told them that they could sit on it and rotate!
for your HD? i hate car dealerships, knowing they are gonna turn around and sell it for way more $$$$$ then 14g's

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Sweet truck Southern2500!

I can't imagine paying that much $$$ because it's the latest body style. I went looking last week and a crew cab duramax that looked to have the same upgrades had the same sticker price. Humm...think that would be an easy decision.

for your HD? i hate car dealerships, knowing they are gonna turn around and sell it for way more $$$$$ then 14g's
No Kiddin! But Matt, tell me what dealership you trade it in at so I can scoop it up. I saw it rollin' down Coursey a week or so ago and that thing is badass. :head:

·
Go Gators!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well its funny actually. I payed the truck off while I was in Iraq. It had somewhere around 70K miles on it. Had a tailgate that was broke (recall for those year trucks), a good chunk out of the cieling from when I had my 15.5" tv in there, engine still dried in mud and a few other nicks here and there and they gave me 15K for it. I know I could have gotten more for it probably but I didnt feel like dealing with it all. They found me this one and w/tax,tag,license and delivery cost came up to around 46K. After the little 1k rebate and 500 bucks for military discount and my trade in I walked out with only having to pay somewhere like 27,9 something. So I think I did fairly well. I know I could have gotten better deals if I had waited but they gave me what I wanted in trade and worked all day trying to find a fully loaded 4x4 in Texas.

As far as plans go. I defitnetly plan on a spray in bed liner and some sort of exhaust. I thought about a leveling kit but I dont know how warranty works with it. Im very pleased with it the way it is. The Bose/XM/6-disc changer sterio sounds great so I have no need to really throw money into stereo, but we will see as time goes on. Thanks guys for the compliments. I really love the new GMC's and get at least one person every day asking me about it cause theres only like 2 in my whole town so that makes it kinda cool to.

Kyle

I will get more pics up tommorow...:rocking:

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Absolutely awesome! I love the GMC grilles and the stance. Nice choice on tires as well.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
nice truck

seems like a good number of people are gettin these

·
Your Neighborhood Jeweler
1,166 Posts
Sweet truck Southern2500!

I can't imagine paying that much $$$ because it's the latest body style. I went looking last week and a crew cab duramax that looked to have the same upgrades had the same sticker price. Humm...think that would be an easy decision.

No Kiddin! But Matt, tell me what dealership you trade it in at so I can scoop it up. I saw it rollin' down Coursey a week or so ago and that thing is badass. :head:
just buy it from me now and I'll make you a hell of a deal bro!!!

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,649 Posts
sweet rig, I'm tryin to talk my dad into buying an '07 to replace his wrecked tahoe

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
Nice upgrade! I love the fenders on the new 4x4s.

-bZj

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
You know, every time I see a NNBS, I get even more pissed off that I didn't wait a few more months to buy one instead of my 06 CC :(

·
Go Gators!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone for all the compliments. Yeah I to thought about the Classic 07 because of the major rebates but I couldnt resist the new ones. IMO there the best looking truck GMC has built even though I have been a big fan of all of them.

Kyle

1 - 20 of 27 Posts