GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FTM-PTB l
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. well i just wanna if anyone knows the truth that if a dealer installs the lift it doesnt void your warranty prolly a stupid question but i reallly wanna lift my 09 but really dont wanna void the warrenty.. thanks guys..

·
SKY HIGH CUSTOMS
153 Posts
From what i know is there arent many dealers, if any, that install lifts. They just send them out and then mark there price up. I know ford you can run 4" suspension with a max of 35s and keep all factory warranty. minus the parts from the lift of course.

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
Around here, if the dealer installs anything that is aftermarket, it will be covered under the trucks warranty. Although, you will be paying double for the lift (because you have to buy the lift from them) and they will rape you on the labor.
I just love it because it sends more customers my way. I havent had any customers tell me that they had warranty issues even with stuff that I did.

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
From what i know is there arent many dealers, if any, that install lifts. They just send them out and then mark there price up. I know ford you can run 4" suspension with a max of 35s and keep all factory warranty. minus the parts from the lift of course.
Some dealers do install lifts if they have Mech. that know about them. 4WP's also installs a bunch of lifts for Chevy/GMC dealers. The store that did mine in elpaso keeps a steady flow of new ones in there for dealers.

·
FTM-PTB l
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys i just wanted to get some opinions really wanna lift my new one but dont wanna mess anything up....didnt have to worry with my old one warranty expired 2 months after i jacked it

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
if you buy if from the dealer with it on it wont void it, but if i were you id talk to the dealer about lifting it and getting it done somewhere else some dealers are cool with it some are not

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
My tranny was goin bad on mine. im guessing because of the 4.8l 3:42 gears and 35s and my dealer fixed my tranny under warranty and i didnt buy it lifted from the dealer either. It just depends if the people at the dealerships are dick heads or if they are cool i got lucky and they are cool lol

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Labor rates are a bitch!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts