GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Just a Beginner
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just starting out with this whole truck thing and i have a 2002 chevy crew cab 4x4 and i was wondering if you can lower a four wheel drive truck. i've been told that you couldnt and if you did you would have to disconnect the four wheel drive but i would still want it so could i still do it?
thanks

·
Just a Beginner
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how low can i lower it? i was looking at a 2/4 or a before but i dont want it that low anyways because i wouldnt just be driving it in town so....

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
to quote Physh1 ..

I won't go into the whole whether or not you should drop a 4x4 or whether a 2wd would be better. That's totally your choice. However, you do need to know that you can only drop a 4x4 3/5 max safely. Why? If you go lower, particularly up front, you'll get some nasty cv angles.....any more than 3" will be problematic. You can drop them, you can do it safely, but you can't go very low.

Cameron
:) Theres prolly some more info in that thread. :ninja:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
yep. I wouldn't know for sure though, someone who actually knows something will probably chime in here...

I'm an offroad guy :head:

·
Just a Beginner
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahahaha thanks a lot for the help
offroading is awesome! i just like the look of the street truck

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
you can do it. The thing is theres no full kit for it, or at least not to my knowledge, and ive spent alot of time looking. I'm gunna lower my 4wd once i get it, and im gunna use shackles in the back and torsion keys up front.

But you kinda confused me on the "crew cab" thing. Do u mean extended cab? Or do you have a 1500HD or 2500HD or what?

·
Just a Beginner
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[QUOTE: you can do it. The thing is theres no full kit for it, or at least not to my knowledge, and ive spent alot of time looking. I'm gunna lower my 4wd once i get it, and im gunna use shackles in the back and torsion keys up front.

But you kinda confused me on the "crew cab" thing. Do u mean extended cab? Or do you have a 1500HD or 2500HD or what?]

i have a 1500HD. i meant 4 full doors by me saying the "crew cab". ya i haven't found a kit for anything over an extended cab yet, and i dont think that they make one. but i would get the roll pan and the bumper first anyways. maybe try to get custom side skirts, but it will be a price

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
LikeARock said:
so then a 2/4 would be fine? according to him?
Yes, a 2/4 would be fine :). Like whifflebat quoted anything up to a 3/5 is safe. Nice truck BTW :bowtie:

Cameron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts