GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
woot.
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do people bag on others for their extensive care of the paint of their trucks or any car in general?

So apparently tonight while I was with my friends.... One of them tried to convince me the most ridiculous things which pissed me the fuck off to no limits. She had the nerve to call out my car washing utensils.

#1 her argument, dish washing soap and car wash soap are the exact same thing, and if I were to look at the ingredients they'd be the same chemicals and proportions... Note to self this bitch doesn't even know what Adams Polishes' is or Glimmer Glass Detailing.

#2, if I used a buffer or one of those "machine thingys to help polish my truck", I'm actually ruining the paint. Ok.... WTF this dumb bitch prolly thinks waxing her toddler tunner is the same as waxing my truck.

Srsly guys? Does anyone here see any logic at all? Fuuuck pissed me off to no extent. Amazing. Oh and apparently waxing the car gets rid of all the little scratches and swirls according to her...

The knowledge of people nowadays astounds me! Oh well fuck it, my 3-4 hours spent on washing the truck will save me thousands of dollars worth of paint...I can't lose with that argument/statement can i?

Cliffs:
Car soap + dish soap = same
Waxing gets rid of buffs and swirls, not buffering machines

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Pretty stupid thing to get mad about.

·
Registered
745 Posts
haha that bitch got you hook line and sinker

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
So you knew about the proper detailing process your whole life?

There's plenty of people out there like her. Its just a car, it gets them from point A to B.

And wow, I think you need to curse a little more please.

·
woot.
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you knew about the proper detailing process your whole life?

There's plenty of people out there like her. Its just a car, it gets them from point A to B.

And wow, I think you need to curse a little more please.

I apologize then. I did seem to come off a little rude :/

Best post here.
Haha, yup.

seriously :read:

I had an old roomate one time that said waxing paint was a waste of money because he's never waxed his truck and it looks perfect... I didn't even bother arguing with him, I just agreed haha
Seems like what I should have done in retrospect... Not smart of me

pics of chick...if she's hot you can stuff it in her mouth and don't have to hear it anymore.

This be true...

Lesson learned, will ignore next time and tone it down

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
Ive had a couple similar encounters but usually I just tell them they can stick with their method and ill stick with mine. Only once someone kept pushing the issue so i took them out to the parking lot and showed the the difference between my truck and their car. They didnt really argue after that.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Just keep doing what you do and don't worry about what others think.
/thread.

She dosn't know shit about taking care of a car so tell her to shut the fuck up and get back to cooking and cleaning.

I try to explain to people why I wash my truck so much and this and that but no one listens because they do not understand. So I just say whatever and move on. I don't give a shit. I won't lose sleep at night for it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I wouldn't sweat it. A lot of women generally take shitty care of their cars, so why argue :think: :D

I get crap from people all the time about how my Jeep is a Barbie Jeep because I generally keep it pretty clean. I don't care though. When you take good care of your ride, the right people notice that and will acknowledge it :shake:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts