GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...hopefully by wednesday I will be on air...
Does anyone have a check list or procedure for getting an airbag system operating? :think:

Heck even some good advice would be nice...I don't have anyone I know around here to ask questions so I am on my own....

technical details...
1997 regular cab long box...
shockwaves in the front...
airbags on a self built over axle...using leaf springs (2 removed ) in rear...
a viair 550 compressor...
two 5 gallon tanks...
guages...only overall pressure in the tank...I am waiting for the guages for the bags...
valves...1/2s up...1/4s down...

if you want to check out any details see my posting under
I am in the process of bagging my 1997 gmc

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
kryptonite said:
Okay...hopefully by wednesday I will be on air...
Does anyone have a check list or procedure for getting an airbag system operating? :think:
Air it up and let it sit over night, if you see any changes the next day you have a leak .. it would be easier to tell with gauges for the bags.

My truck has a slight leak, it has to sit for liek a week before you can even notice .. hopefully will clear it up when I get the rest of it done.

·
LOW BLOW CUSTOMS
238 Posts
take your time, put bolts and stuff in baggies and label them, don't rush, make sure you don't get too excited the first time you hit the switch that you finish up quick and forget stuff, take your time, do it right the 1st time

best of luck to ya, i'm starting mine this week too!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yee haw...got the guages for the bags today...tomorrow to plumbing everything...
first time I drop it I intend on having the wheels on 4 inch blocks so I can get the jack back under it if it wont go up...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
leaks are some what normal... just make sure it isn't too fast....

i would go get my truck alligned... tires aren't cheap, and it'll ride better once you get it alligned. Another thing, make sure all of ur lines are away from any sources of heat... same with the bags.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I like to take a small spray bottle, add soap and water, and spray all the fittings to check for leaks (when aired up, of course). Then I'll leave it aired up over night in case I missed something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts