GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
57_3.jpg

:head:

Picking it up in either Yuma or Tucson, AZ depending on if the guy can get it to Yuma or not for me on Saturday. Going to use it to haul my truck around and haul it up to Blazerfest in a couple weeks. Going to pull it to BF with my grandpas 99 dodge 3500 CTD and when I get back I'm going to Texas to pick up my 2002 dodge 3500 4x4 6 speed CTD :head: Anyway, I've been staring at pics for like 5 hours and I'm all giddy with joy :crazy:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
very nice - the dodge you buyoign have the provisions to tow it or do you need the hitch and all?. Where and when are you going to be in tx?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably be about the middle of July. I'll be out of summer school and have the time by then. Be in Dallas-Fort Worth area at a used truck dealer. They have a few in stock right now and the guy said they get 3-4 a month in there. He parked one on the back lot for me but he said if someone sees it and wants it he has to sell it but he's doing his best to hide it :D And yes it has the gooseneck ball in the bed already and is wired for brakes. Actually I think like all 10 they had that I've looked at in the past few months have had them.

Hey, just dawned on me that your around there, when the time nears you want to go test drive a couple for me to make sure there in good shape? :head:

·
6,656 Posts
damn if im in town then ill have to have ya give me a call, Ive got my apartment in dallas and your welcome to stop by.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I will most likely fly in and stay for a couple days and check a few trucks out then drive alllllllll the way home.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
nice trailer! i would definantly get stephen to go look at those trucks dude, if they are anything like the trucks with goosenecks here, people buy them, rag the shit out of them for a year or 2 and then trade em off quick. i dont know about up there, but id never buy a used truck with a hitch down here. too many ex oil field trucks.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
lowred said:
nice trailer! i would definantly get stephen to go look at those trucks dude, if they are anything like the trucks with goosenecks here, people buy them, rag the shit out of them for a year or 2 and then trade em off quick. i dont know about up there, but id never buy a used truck with a hitch down here. too many ex oil field trucks.
He does have a good point...id be too afraid if someone had a gooseneck hitch that they would have really used the truck, sometimes abused it...but if you can find one w/o a gooseneck and have it put in, then id go for it, but used w/ a hitch would kinda scare me...

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
RedneckDude said:
He does have a good point...id be too afraid if someone had a gooseneck hitch that they would have really used the truck, sometimes abused it...but if you can find one w/o a gooseneck and have it put in, then id go for it, but used w/ a hitch would kinda scare me...
SACK UP

nice Jason, shit looks dank :head:

whats next for the white truck, or is it done?

·
6,656 Posts
OrangeCrush said:
SACK UP

nice Jason, shit looks dank :head:

whats next for the white truck, or is it done?
A truck like that is never done, just the way things are.

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
haha ok steve, how bout this, anymore drastic changes comin? i dont really look at offroad forum, so im outta the loop:suicide:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Give me the address, and a list of everything you want photos of/ report of and ill go do it. I live here, no biggie, ill make grant go along to hehe.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Like Josh be careful of used trucks here in TX. I bet in Dallas you will get a decent ride, just a lot of drug store cowboys around there. Guys buy duallys that don't need them.
This is what I look for in buying a used truck in TX.
Check the wear on the drivers seat. If its pretty worn the truck was prolly a work truck. Lots of in and out. Prolly a oil or ranch truck. Also in the pedals are dirty same thing. Yeah that sounds stupid but look it obvious. Of course check the under side. Look for brush marks on the doors. Then check and see if there is any on the bed. A lot of TX duallys had work beds on them so they are beaten pretty good. There is a lot of other ways to tell work trucks but that is what I usually look for.

But your looking for a Dodge most ppl in TX are smart enough not to use a Dodge as a work truck. But good luck.

I am about to switch to the Ford side. Just gotta find the right deal and the lil ol Z is gone. I am ready to get out of this chevy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts