GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I had been tossing around the idea of selling my 2008 VR silverado Extended cab with leather, 5.3, trailer hitch and 23 inch rims. What do you think is a fair asking price and trade in price if I decide to trade in. Anyone who works in the auto business that can give some current prices would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Banned
4,961 Posts
i saw a used 08 crew cab on the dealer lot today. looked to have every option available and 28,009 miles. They wanted 30k!!! You can buy a brand new one with the same options for that price. i'm no help

·
Registered
449 Posts
i saw a used 08 crew cab on the dealer lot today. looked to have every option available and 28,009 miles. They wanted 30k!!! You can buy a brand new one with the same options for that price. i'm no help
I went with a guy today that was looking at nnbs and we could not find one under 35k.. Plus tax title doc and all...people always say on here that you can get a loaded ltz crew cab for 30k new but they damn sure arent that cheap down here...

·
1,847 Posts
I went with a guy today that was looking at nnbs and we could not find one under 35k.. Plus tax title doc and all...people always say on here that you can get a loaded ltz crew cab for 30k new but they damn sure arent that cheap down here...
U can...I got my '08 silverado LT2 tx. edition with leather and all the goodies for a little over 25k with tt&l.

·
Wreck 'Em
267 Posts
ya got my 08 lt1 excab 5.3 4x4 brand new in September for $24k out the door...

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
man, if only it wasn't victory red

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You're going to lose a lot of money by selling :read:
Not really, I'm getting 1,000 more than I owe. Their gonna give me 22000 which is full trade plus 500 extra for the rims. Full trade on nada guides is 21500. That and I'm buying a car from an individual that they are gonna just charge me a couple hundred bucks to process it in and back out to me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not really, I'm getting 1,000 more than I owe. Their gonna give me 22000 which is full trade plus 500 extra for the rims. Full trade on nada guides is 21500. That and I'm buying a car from an individual that they are gonna just charge me a couple hundred bucks to process it in and back out to me.
Not to mention that I will not pay taxes on the vehicle I buy since you only pay taxes on the trade difference which is 0. So, I will save 1400 bucks on the car I'm buying for taxes. So really, I'm gonna get 23,400 for my trade. Or I would have to sale it for 23400 just to equal what the dealership is doing. Private party kbb is 24000. Nada retail is 25xxx

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, so I got 21750 for my truck which is more than I paid for it last year, so pretty happy about that. I ended up getting a mazdaspeed 3 turbo. Almost 300 hp in a little hatchback that will get 30mpg highway. I love driving it, it's a blast:big_banana_Dance:

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
OK, so I got 21750 for my truck which is more than I paid for it last year, so pretty happy about that. I ended up getting a mazdaspeed 3 turbo. Almost 300 hp in a little hatchback that will get 30mpg highway. I love driving it, it's a blast:big_banana_Dance:
:supergay:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts