GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
NVR2LOW
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just did my drop this last weekend with mcg parts i just had a couple of questions. i didnt put the small stock block back in and the rear hits on the wheelwells i also forgot to put in the bumpstops :? but it seems to b alot lower than the front. also what directions do the shocks go i did the chrome down but the ride seems a little bouncy somtimes is that normal?

·
never finished
2,239 Posts
The factory blocks do not go back in. Im betting you did not cut the factory bumpstops, cause theres no way your hitting your wheel wells, unless you have huge tires. Thats probably what your hitting. Shocks can really go either way, but the "chrome" should go to the top.

·
NVR2LOW
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i notched the frame just forgot to put on the bumpstops that came with it and im running stock 17

·
never finished
2,239 Posts
Hmm, well a majority of us on 4/7 arent running bumpstops at all. and your notched. Helper bags would be my only suggestion, cause Im not really sure how or why your hitting your wheelwells on factory 17's. Im on factory 20's with 275/55 tires and have never hit my wheelwells. But Im not notched either. Do you have a crew cab?

·
NVR2LOW
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea its a crew cab and i have the helpers just didnt have time to put them in we kinda finished the drop at like 11 pm

·
never finished
2,239 Posts
yea its a crew cab and i have the helpers just didnt have time to put them in we kinda finished the drop at like 11 pm
helpers = problem solved.

·
NVR2LOW
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i just wanted to try to figure out why it would be hitting the wheel wells but ill just bolt on the helpers and be done with it thanks

·
get down or lay down
1,284 Posts
pics would help. im on 275/55/20 and they touch the wheel wells only on big dips.

·
NVR2LOW
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ill take som pics tommorow and put them up

·
Registered
171 Posts
What kind of shocks are y'all running on the rear? I wanted belltech but they're on back order and I can't wait for them. Does Monroe MA743 shocks sound right to y'all?

·
Needs more low
1,512 Posts
What kind of shocks are y'all running on the rear? I wanted belltech but they're on back order and I can't wait for them. Does Monroe MA743 shocks sound right to y'all?
I have some of those Monroes and they are okay but then again I don't have much of a comparison. I have been thinking about changing over to the belltechs, was going to compare the ride of Angelos truck with the belltechs to mine with the monroes but never have.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Angelo's rides pretty smooth for how low it is. But the drop is going on Sunday so I have to go with Monroe's. At least for now cause I can't get belltechs here by Sunday.

·
NVR2LOW
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i was about to put my helpers on this morning but i cant find the instructions i just want to b sure before starting that im gonna do it right. the bottom bracket is going to be held in place by the pin on the leaf pack? and the top bracket gets mounted behind the notch?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts